Obtaining financing for 90% of the value of the home is not easy without the right advice. At deMortgages we offer you free professional advice. Fill in the form, our system will automatically assess if you meet the requirements for get Mortgages 90 and one of our mortgage managers will contact you to start the process.
A 90% mortgage is a loan granted by a financial institution to buy a home, offering an amount equivalent to 90% of the appraisal or sale value of a property. Such an amount exceeds the amount offered by most banks, which usually establish a limit of 80% with respect to the appraised value at the time of finalizing a mortgage contract.
Hiring 90 mortgages is a booming option that makes it easier for many people to buy a home, especially the youngest. Currently, different banks offer it and there are multiple alternatives to acquire it.
How to get 90 of the mortgage
Accessing 90 mortgages today is difficult, but not impossible. Given the economic risk for banks to grant almost the total value of a home, it is essential to be a good customer or have a minimum economic risk.
Requirements for 90% mortgages
The word that defines the negotiation of mortgages 90 with a financial entity is the scoring, a system that determines the financial risks of an operation. For such risk to be minimal, it is essential to have a good credit history and be up to date with all payments or debts. However, this is not enough. Other requirements that banks will request are:
- Being young and having a working life: the four banks mentioned above only offer the 90 mortgage to people with a maximum age of 35 years. Additionally, a stable employment future must be guaranteed. An example may be having a permanent contract or a high salary.
- Zero debt level: in the event that there are incidents with the payment of other loans, it will be more difficult for the bank to grant the mortgage.
- Having additional guarantees or guarantors: the client who has other properties that serve as collateral will have more possibilities of accessing mortgages 90. A guarantor who has a high financial profile is also useful.
On the other hand, there is a series of tips and guidelines that will help you find the 90 mortgage that best suits your particular conditions:
- Assess the risk of the operation: make sure that you will be able to afford the payment of all the installments, as well as the interest and other associated expenses. In addition, it is essential to have a good economic solvency.
- Go to several banks: analyze all the available offers, as well as their risks and conditions.
- Seek help from a mortgage broker: these expert brokers in mortgage operations usually have agreements with banks that finance 90% of the purchase of a home. Therefore, they will offer you the mortgage that best suits your profile.
- Buy a bank apartment: many entities have a large real estate portfolio. For such properties, they offer financing that can exceed 90% under advantageous conditions.
Mortgage 90 civil servants
The job stability of civil servants makes it easier for these professionals to access a 90% mortgage as they are low-risk profiles. Some banks even offer 100% mortgage financing to these workers. This is achieved through a negotiation based on the profile of the official.
In these cases, as the bank assumes less risk, it will be willing to lend the money at a lower interest rate (less than 1% for the fixed mortgage and Euribor plus 0.60% for the variable one). In addition, commissions and linking will be much lower.
Currently, three financial entities offer mortgages for civil servants: BBVA, Hipotecas.com and Pibank. All of them are variable rate. In the specific case of BBVA, it is addressed to officials affiliated with MUFACE or MUGEJU.
Which banks give 90 of the mortgage
Currently, not all banks offer 90% of mortgage financing. Some, however, exceed that percentage. With the following list we may be able to help you get the best mortgage.
EVO Banco offers both a fixed and variable rate mortgage for those who need 90% financing. The repayment term of the total amount can be extended up to 40 years. It is only available to customers under 35 years of age.
In the variable version, the EVO Banco 90% mortgage has an interest of 0.83%, although the first year applies an exit interest of 1.83%. On the other hand, the fixed-rate mortgage charges a 1.24% TIN.
Like the previous one, Ibercaja offers both fixed and variable rate mortgages. Both have a maximum repayment term of 25 years and only offer financing of up to 95% to people over the age of 35:
- Let’s Mortgage Fixed rate: available for minimum amounts of €100,000, has an APR of 2.68% and a TIN of 1.50% during the first year.
- Mortgage Let’s go to a Variable rate: its Variable APR is 1.80% and it applies an Euribor of 0.95%.
Banco Santander launched in 2021 a mortgage designed for young people up to 35 years of age that finances up to 95% of a property, although its essential requirement is to provide the guarantee of a third person. Its maximum repayment term is 30 years and can be fixed (1.5% interest) or variable (Euribor plus 1.39%).
On the other hand, Banco Santander offers a mortgage of up to 90% financing for people up to 80 years of age. The essential requirement is that the home purchased be marketed by one of the three real estate agencies affiliated with this bank: Altamira, Casaktua and Aliseda. Its maximum repayment term extends to 40 years.
This entity has launched a new mortgage that offers up to 95% of the appraised value of the home, with no age restriction, connection or mandatory guarantee. Fixed rate, is called Mortgage Without Down Payment. The financing can be extended for up to 30 years with a fixed rate of 1.99% TIN (2.18 APR).