One of Hollywood’s most sympathetic and talented actresses is celebrating her birthday today.
I’ve always loved Julia Roberts with her hundred-watt smile and huge slouch. I almost felt like she was the girl next door who was always funny and kind, and while she was amazingly beautiful, she just couldn’t be jealous of her because of her radiance. One of my favorite films from him is directed by Steven Soderberg and is based on a true story Erin Brockovich (for whose lead role he was also awarded an Oscar), one sentence of which became one of my mantras and, ahead of his age, became a forerunner of body positivity.
In the ominous scene, Erin, wearing a tight miniskirt, is told by a co-worker (?) That she could dress more conservatively, before Erin / Julia tells her that she won’t hide as long as she looks so good. I probably quoted it wrong, but the point was, and how right he is: since why should we hide our bodies, our shapes, just to meet the expectations of others? And this is true not only for clothes, but for other areas of life as well. If we always live to meet others, where do we stay?
This lesson was given to me by Ms. Roberts, who is as beautiful and natural at age 54 as she was in the ’90s, when she came out with new movies every year. On the occasion of his birthday, we collected ten lesser-known interesting facts about him:
- He was originally trained as a veterinarian and also played the clarinet when he was in elementary school.
- On television a Crime Story (1987) debuted as a victim of juvenile rape.
- Julia Roberts’ first widescreen screenplay is Rolling pebbles (Satisfaction, 1988) alongside Liam Neeson and Justine Bateman.
- In Hollywood a Mystic Pizza (1988), az Steel magnets (1989) and a What a woman (1990) brought him a breakthrough. For the latter two, she has won a total of two Golden Globe Awards and an Oscar, and for her portrayal in Erin Brockovich (2000), she has also won an Oscar for Best Actress and a Golden Globe.
- You may know that Julia Roberts has a brother, Eric, who is also an actor, but you knew that the siblings starred in the Red blood in the 1989 film? Anyway, the two brothers aren’t really okay, and they haven’t been filming together since.
- However, this is not the case with another relative: a Valentine’s Day (2010) was not the first film that Julia Roberts played with her niece, Emma. Emma was an uncredited statistician America’s favorites (2001), where he appeared in the background of a scene.
- Ellen DeGeneres revealed in her talk show that she had tattooed the names of her three children – the twins Hazel and Phinnaeus and Henry – and the monogram of her husband, cameraman Daniel Moder.
- Enthusiastic and experienced rider, that’s why Altar woman did not use a backing in equestrian scenes.
- After giving birth to her twins, Julia’s first project was not a movie but a clip. A Dave Matthews Band Dreamgirl was featured in his clip.
- Her production company Red Om is none other than her husband Daniel’s last name.
Source: mid-day.com Featured image: Getty Images