14 arrests during the night of July 14 to 15

The police device deployed in the 9th arrondissement of Lyon to prevent the urban violence of July 14 made it possible to arrest fourteen individuals during the night of the 14th to the 15th, the majority of whom were brought before justice.

The first arrest was made at 9:30 p.m., place Valmy, where a 17-year-old young man who threw pyrotechnics at the police was arrested in flagrante delicto. He admitted the facts and was presented this Friday to the children’s judge.

At 9.45 p.m., another miner was seen setting fire to a Vélo’v station and street furniture, to throw projectiles at the police and to place trash cans on the roadway to block traffic. He denied the facts in police custody, despite the video surveillance images implicating him and was brought before the children’s judge this Friday.

At 10 p.m., two individuals fired mortars at the police quai Jayr. One of them, aged 18, was arrested by the BAC, in possession of three firecrackers and a lighter. He denied the facts in police custody and was referred to court on Friday for immediate appearance.

Mortars and firecrackers

At 12.25 am, in the area of GWolf barley, a group of individuals built a barricade, set fire to street furniture and threw projectiles, including mortars, at the police. Three suspects aged 17, 18 and 26, two of whom had just got rid of a bag containing seven mortar sticks and two firecracker machine guns were arrested. They denied the facts in police custody. One of them was left free by decision of the prosecution. The minor was brought before the children’s judge on Friday and the oldest is awaiting a decision from the prosecution.

At 12.50 a.m., police officers who had just been the target of projectiles and mortar fire arrested rue Sergent-Michel-Berthet a 17-year-old boy, who admitted to participating in the gathering and throwing a bottle at the police. He was presented this Friday to the children’s judge.

Garbage can fires

Finally, at 1:15 a.m., René-Cassin street, seven individuals aged 15 to 27 set fire to garbage cans and damaged a glass container. During their arrest, they threw projectiles at the police. Two of them admitted to having thrown a bottle at the police and some were in possession of firecrackers and mortars. Four were released after their custody. The other three, minors, were brought before the children’s judge on Friday.