Home News 250 kilo bomb in Regensburg East is blown up

250 kilo bomb in Regensburg East is blown up

During earthworks in an industrial area in Regensburg East on Tuesday a 250-kilogram bomb from the Second World War has been found. That's what the police said in the evening.

4,500 local residents affected by evacuation

In the meantime, the authorities have also published an official hazard statement: People are urged to leave the danger area quickly and to follow the instructions of the emergency services. The blaster has set a safety radius of 1,500 meters. According to police, 4,500 residents are affected by the evacuation. The areas and roads affected by the measures can be found here.

Site is located on the B8

The site is located near the B8 federal highway. The bomb will still be blown up during the night.

However, there is no residential development right on the site in Bucharest Street. The industrial area is close to the Regensburg harbor.

However, the safety radius also extends to the district Schwabelweis on the northern side of the Danube. In the Danube Arena, the Regensburg Ice Stadium, a care center for affected residents is set up.

Again and again bomb finds

In Regensburg duds from the World War II are found again and again. The last time was the beginning of March. At that time an explosive device was found during construction works on the A3. The bomb could be blasted in a controlled manner.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Must Read

Tom Cruise Surprise's Comic-Con With "Top Gun" Trailer

The beloved movie star pulls on IRL twist at San Diego's Comic-Con 2019 by blessing unsuspecting fans with the "Top Gun" sequel's trailer. Watch!

The decision of the murder trial against Dennis Oland is taken today

Dennis Oland will find out about his fate this morning in his fresh murder trial in Saint John, eight years to the month after...

The 41-year-old woman goes blind after a parasite dives into her eye while showering contact lenses – The Sun.

A WOMAN was left blind in her left eye after a parasite had burrowed in when she had her contact lenses inserted while showering. The...

Swivel camera and higher battery power .. Samsung Galaxy A80 phone is now revolutionary in Egyptian markets

Samsung has launched the Galaxy A80, the first smartphone to appear in Thailand for the first time in two...

Greece, strong earthquake in Athens: telecommunications out of use – Rai News

Greece, strong earthquake in Athens: telecommunications out of order Rai NewsAthens, strong earthquake in Attica: fear in the Greek capital and people in the...