The new coronavirus bulletin of the Ministry of Health today Tuesday 3 August 2021 records 4,845 new cases out of 209,719 tests and 27 deaths. There are 126 more places occupied in the hospital in the covid wards. Peak of cases in Sicily (809) but also in Veneto and Lombardy. L’latest coronavirus bulletin yesterday Monday 2 August recorded 3,190 cases out of 83,223 tests, 20 deaths with over 116 more hospitalizations in the medical area and 19 in intensive care. Sardinia is the region with the greatest growth in intensive care units occupied by Covid patients, one step away from the edge of the yellow zone.
All the latest news today
But let’s get to today’s data.
Coronavirus, today’s bulletin Tuesday 3 August 2021
article updated at 18:01, click here to refresh the page
- New cases: 4,845, yesterday 3,190
- Swabs (diagnostic and control): 209,719, yesterday 83,223
- Currently positive: 94,216, yesterday 93,017
- Hospitalized: 2,196, yesterday 2,070 (+126)
- Hospitalized in ICU: 258 of which 26 new, (+9)
- Died after a positive swab: 128,115, yesterday 128,088 (+20)
- Discharged / Healed: 4,141,043
Today’s coronavirus bulletin Tuesday, August 3, 2021 (Pdf)
- vaccine: 32,865,101 people equal to 60.8% of the population over 12 years old. Yesterday 425 thousand doses were administered, of which 134 thousand first administrations. The vaccination campaign has involved 90% of the over 80s, 85% of the seventies, and 77% of the sixties, 69% of the fifties, 56% of the forties, 43% of the thirties and 39. % of 20-year-olds and 17% of adolescents fully vaccinated with a double or single dose of JJ. The updated vaccine report on the government website.
Coronavirus outbreaks: region-by-region data
- Valle d’Aosta: 28 new cases and no deaths. Of the 83 positives only 3 are hospitalized
- Piedmont: 194 new cases and one death after twenty days. Balance hospitalized: Ti +1 (7), admissions -1 (80)
- Liguria: 81 new cases and one death. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (12), hospitalizations +1 (33)
- Lombardy: 586 new cases (190 in Milan) and 3 deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (32), hospitalizations +27 (237)
- Trentino: 24 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (1), hospitalizations -1 (8)
- South Tyrol: 38 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti -1 (2), admissions +1 (8)
- Veneto: 663 new cases and 3 deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (16), hospitalizations +16 (125)
- Friuli Venezia Giulia: 94 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti +1 (4), hospitalizations +3 (22). 50 percent of new infections concern people under the age of 29
- Emilia Romagna: 365 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti +2 (22), hospitalizations +8 (247).
- Walk: 125 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: +3 yesterday, Ti (6), admissions (29)
- Tuscany: 326 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti +3 (23), admissions +14 (193)
- Umbria: 75 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (2), admissions -2 (19)
- Abruzzo: 54 new cases and one death. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (1), hospitalizations +4 (42)
- Lazio: 421 new cases (205 in Rome) and 3 deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti +2 (50), hospitalizations +36 (357). Slow or partial data after the hacker attack on the regional data center.
- Molise: 3 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (1), admissions +1 (1)
- Puglia: 213 new cases and 2 deaths. Balance hospitalized: +2 (94). Yesterday Ti (9), admissions (75)
- Campania: 361 new cases and 2 deaths (+2 from recount). Balance hospitalized: Ti +1 (11), admissions -2 (223)
- Basilicata: 67 new cases and no deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (1), stable hospitalizations (20)
- Calabria: 123 new cases and one death. Balance hospitalized: Ti stable (5), admissions -5 (71)
- Sicily: 809 new cases and 6 deaths. Balance hospitalized: Ti -2 (32), admissions +18 (338)
- Sardinia: 210 new cases and one death. Balance hospitalized: You stable (19), hospitalizations +3 (80). 130 in isolameto after a party in Seulo with a positive
Coronavirus, the latest news
- The government extended the state of emergency until December 31st.
- From 6 August the Green pass will be required to access many public places. But it will still take a couple of days before the launch of the new Covid decree which will also introduce new measures on the use of the green pass for school and transport. The meeting of the control room and that of the Council of Ministers, in fact, will not be held before Thursday. On Thursday at 11 the Minister of Labor Andrea Orlando, together with the Minister of Health Roberto Speranza, convened a table with the social partners on the subject of health and safety in the workplace.
- The CTS has recommended vaccination for school staff as well as teenagers aged 12 to 15. In seventh the decision on the vaccination obligation
How is the pandemic going
The alarm in Japan and in particular in Tokyo is very high: 3,709 new coronavirus infections are confirmed within 24 hours in the city of the Olympics, 861 more than last Tuesday. Official data also speak of another seven deaths from complications attributable to Covid-19. A “state of emergency” due to the coronavirus pandemic is in effect until 31 August in Tokyo and other prefectures. Restaurants and bars remain open but cannot serve alcohol and an early closure has been imposed. There are those who believe that the measures are no longer sufficient to avoid overloading the health system. Tokyo governor Yuriko Koike has returned to ask the inhabitants of the city to stay at home. The Delta variant of the coronavirus, he said, is a “very strong enemy”.