I’ve been using a Motorola Edge 30 Ultra for the past two weeks, and a selection of photos can be found in this article. It’s similar to what you found for the Vivo X80 Pro around here.
Edge 30 Ultra is Motorola’s most advanced camera and video smartphone. The main camera has the following setup:
➡️ 200 Megapixel wide with f/1.9, PDAF and OIS;
➡️ 12 Megapixel telephoto with f/1.6, PDAF and 2x optical zoom;
➡️ 50 Megapixel ultrawide with f/2.2.
Shoot 8K at 30 fps, 4K at up to 60 fps, 1080p at up to 960 fps, gyro-EOS and HDR10+.
Before presenting the actual photos, you can already find the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra in the eMAG offer with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage.
I could quickly draw some conclusions beforehand:
- the 2x zoom is not done with a crop but with a dedicated sensor, hence the huge difference between what you catch with the wide camera and what you get with the telephoto on the Edge 30 Ultra. You say that you have a slightly larger zoom, unfortunately the OIS is missing and it’s really noticeable, especially since they put f/1.6 (a lot of light, image noise that could be compensated a little by the OIS).
- settings are not preserved and every time you enter the Video section you have to set 4K and 60 fps for example. I think it can be solved by a simple firmware update;
- the photos are not overexposed, somehow natural and in line with what you observe in reality;
- Night Mode does not work miraclesslightly better than what you get without activating this mod;
- Portrait mode seemed well calibratedeven in low light conditions;
- missing a periscope sensor what would have brought the Edge 30 Ultra among the best smartphones in terms of camera and video. The 5x zoom is only on paper because the results received are with a lot of image noise, almost unusable;
I’ll leave it up to you to draw more conclusions based on the image galleries. You can find them here without resizing, link valid for 7 days.
I. No Night Mode;
II. With Night Mode;
III. 0.5x, 1x and 2x with Motorola Edge 30 Ultra;
IV. Portrait mode on Edge 30 Ultra;
V. Zoom 5x;
VI. Other photos taken with the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra;