For a large number of us, the smartphone has become a storehouse of secrets and a closet in which we put a lot of privacy and things that we do not want anyone to see. The phone also contains very important things such as bank and financial accounts, and we have heard about several situations in which children used their parents’ phones to buy online and spend thousands of dollars.
There are some valuable tips to activate a feature on the iPhone that restricts access to the phone and its features and protects it with a password or a facial recognition sensor. It is also possible to disable specific areas on the screen, preventing them from being clicked or used, such as the buttons to pay money or share.
And if you are a parent who lends the phone to his children and is afraid that they will waste money on online games, or you are lending the phone to your friends in order to make a call and they take the opportunity to post some annoying things on your accounts on social media platforms as a joke, then you must need such a feature, which It works on iPad tablets as well.
Steps to use this feature called Guided Access:
1. Go to Settings, then click on Accessibility.
2. Scroll down and choose Guided Access.
3. Activate the guided access feature through the activation and deactivation button.
4. Enable face recognition and set up a passcode to turn off the guided access feature.
5. Open the application you want to restrict and prevent any other user from accessing it.
6. Triple-click the side button if you’re using an iPhone X or later, or the Home button if you’re using an iPhone 8 or earlier.
7. If you want to stop parts of your screen from responding to touch, use one finger to circle these positions. You can move or resize the circle, or tap the X icon to remove it.
8. Tap Guided Access, then tap Start. Or, to start a guided access session with Siri, open the app you want to use, then tell Siri to turn on Guided Access.
Control the available features
1. To turn off features or set a time limit, triple-click the Home button or the Side button, then tap Options. If the options do not appear, triple-click the Home button or the Side button again and enter the passcode.
2. Turn on the options you want, then tap Done.
Ending a Guided Access session
Triple-click the Home button or the Side button, enter the Guided Access passcode, and press Finish. Or if Touch ID or Face ID is turned on for Guided Access, double-click the Home button or the side button.