Updated July 2, 2020, 12:03 p.m.
Duchess Meghan apparently had to face some difficulties during her pregnancy, according to court documents. Accordingly, Meghan was not allowed to defend against the press and was “not protected” by the monarchy.
Duchess Meghan felt “not protected by the institution” of the monarchy – reports, among other things, the “BBC” with reference to court documents. According to the documents, she was “banned” from defending herself against media reports while she was pregnant, the report said.
Part of Meghan’s lawsuit against the British press
The documents are part of Meghan’s lawsuit against the publisher of “Mail on Sunday” and “Mail Online”, the British news channel continued. The two sheets had published excerpts from a letter that Prince Harry’s wife sent to her father in 2018. Among other things, the Duchess is suing for copyright infringement. Associated Newspapers denies all allegations.
According to the BBC, the court documents contain answers to questions from Associated Newspapers about the lawsuit brought by the Duchess of Sussex, who moved to California with Harry and their son Archie in the spring. The couple no longer work for the royal family.
Duchess Meghan: Reporting has harmed her mental health
The papers are apparently also about an interview that five of Meghan’s friends gave to a US magazine in February 2019: Meghan had become the focus of “a large number of wrong and harmful articles from the British tabloids”. That represented an “enormous emotional burden” and harmed “her mental health“.
The news channel also quotes from the documents: “Since her friends had never seen her in this condition before, she was right to be concerned about her well-being, especially because she was pregnant, was not protected by the institution and was not allowed to defend herself.”
Offsetting wedding costs through tourism revenue
In addition, according to the report, Meghan’s team of lawyers is also said to point out that the security costs of her wedding to Prince Harry in May 2018, paid for by public funds, were more than offset by tourism revenue.
According to the “BBC”, these are valued in the papers at one billion pounds (about 1.1 billion euros). The royal wedding is said to have cost an estimated £ 32 million (about € 35 million).
That’s why the Duchess of Sussex is suing
The Duchess of Sussex is suing the newspaper editors for damages for alleged misuse of private information, copyright infringement and violation of the data protection law. She had previously stated that if her money was to be awarded, she would donate it to an anti-bullying organization.
After a first hearing in May, the court denied parts of Meghan’s lawsuit, including allegations that problems between Meghan and her father were deliberately “fueled” and that there was an “agenda” for the newspaper to publish offensive stories about Meghan .
Royal couple also takes action against Facebook
Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry do not only act against the British press. It was recently announced that they are also turning against Facebook as part of the “#StopHateforProfit” campaign.
Companies are encouraged to stop advertising on Facebook until the social media company does more against hatred and fake news. More than 100 companies have already joined the protests, including Microsoft, Ford, Pepsi and Coca-Cola.
Meghan and Harry are said to have also had discussions with several companies and encouraged them to boycott advertising, as reported, among other things, by the “People” magazine.
© spot on news
You actually have to look twice! Duchess Meghan has a doppelganger who looks confusingly similar to her. Christine Primrose Mathis is the name of the young woman. In the meantime she is quite successful as Meghan-Lookalike and hopes to start a great acting career.