Almost every second German considers awarding the World Cup to Russia wrong

Almost every second German considers awarding the World Cup to Russia wrong

Sports Tensions with Russia Almost every second German is against Merkel traveling to the World Cup Stand: 12:20 clock | Reading time: 2 minutes Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian President Vladimir Putin Source: AP / Mikhail Klimentyev British politicians boycott the football World Cup. The Chancellor is still covered. In view of the tensions with Russia, according to a survey, 42 percent of Germans are against Merkel visiting a World Cup match. A In view of the human rights situation and the world-political appearance of Russia, almost every second German considers it wrong that the World Cup should take place there. In a survey by the polling agency YouGov on behalf of the news agency dpa represented 43 percent of this opinion, while only 31 percent find the World Cup award to Russia correctly. 27 percent did not provide any information. When asked whether Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) should travel to the World Cup in view of the tensions with Russia, the Germans are divided. 42 percent each said they were for or against. The remaining 16 percent made no statements. The opinion on a possible visit by Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier looks similar: 43 percent are in favor, 39 percent against. Interior and sports minister Horst Seehofer (CSU), it is the other way round: 39 percent wish that he is watching a game of the German team in Russia. 43 percent do not think that’s a good idea. also read Government officials from the UK and Iceland had after the Poisonous attack on ex-double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter announced plans to boycott the World Cup (14 June to 15 July). Merkel has not yet explicitly commented on her travel plans in the summer. The Chancellor is a big fan of the DFB team and traveled to South Africa in 2010 and Brazil in 2014. Seehofer also has no travel plans, but would like to be in Russia. “If the Minister’s schedule allows, he would certainly feel like driving to a game,” a ministry spokesman said Friday. “But there is nothing concrete yet.” also read

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.