Apartment fire in Leipzig: food on the stove, then the door slammed …

A fire broke out on Wednesday evening in the apartment of a 39-year-old on Plovdiver Strasse in the Grünau-Nord district of Leipzig.

Leipzig – But sometimes you just have bad luck. At least this is the only way to sum up what a 39-year-old said on Wednesday evening Leipzig district Grünau-Nord happened.

Under rather unfortunate circumstances, a fire broke out on Plovdiver Strasse in Leipzig's Grünau-Nord district.

Under rather unfortunate circumstances, a fire broke out on Plovdiver Strasse in Leipzig’s Grünau-Nord district. © Silvio Bürger

As police spokeswoman Sandra Freitag told TAG24, the man was preparing food when he had to go to the door of his apartment on Plovdiver Strasse again.

“When he was outside for a moment, the apartment door closed behind him and he was locked out,” said the police spokeswoman.

In the kitchen, however, the food caught fire and the fire spread to other parts of the furniture. “We received the alarm around 9.10 p.m.”

Leipzig: Demo moves through Leipzig city: There will be traffic restrictions on Sunday
Leipzig
Demo moves through Leipzig city: There will be traffic restrictions on Sunday

The fire had developed into a smoldering fire. The police and fire brigade arrived. The comrades were able to quickly bring the flames under control.

Fortunately, nobody was injured in the accident. However, the apartment is currently uninhabitable.

A cause of the fire investigator is to be deployed this Thursday.