Who plays against whom?
Who will be your darling, dear readers: again Freiburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Leipzig? We are curious.
Which game should you not miss?
Wolfsburg against Hertha. Properly read. The "ICE Derby", as it calls the dpa in usual subtlety, is the top game of the weekend. Both have won everything, Wolfsburg beat Schalke and Leverkusen, Hertha is after the duels with Nuremberg and Schalke even without a clean sheet. This leads to a great mood at both locations, the coaches Pál Dárdai and Bruno Labbadia do not have to talk crisis, but may shine over all eight cheeks. Let's see to what great acts the two teams are going this time, to which blows they are going this time. In the end, the VfL and the Hertha are not the eternal mediocrity, as they seemed long. Will caterpillars become butterflies this season?
Which game can you miss with a clear conscience?
Bayern against Leverkusen. Actually, that could be an exciting thing. The Bayern would be happy if an opponent made their life difficult again. The Leverkusen would have the stuff, so the players, especially in the storm. From time to time they also manage a nice attack. But in sum, Bayer 04 offers something inedible. Zero points after two games, probably after three. The debate about coach Heiko Herrlich, who calls Rudi Völler "hysteria", will continue.
Who is in the spotlight?
Ralf Rangnicknow turning the wheel. But not because of the table space. Before the home game against Hannover this Saturday, his new idea became known: In Leipzig's cabin is a round thing that players must set in motion, if they have not kept to the house rules. Your punishment will be decided by chance. For example, players have to work a few hours in the fan shop. Who knows, maybe in return the employees from the fan shop, if they have smoked in the toilet, will soon have to help out in the team. That would of course be the maximum penalty. In the last games of RB one could get the impression that the coworkers of the fan shop would already play along.
Which will be the football message of the year?
Every year in October, the German Academy of Football Culture chooses the Football Word of the Year. Here is a preselection for 2018:
- "It seems to me that we fight more against pyrotechnics than against racism." (Kevin-Prince Boateng)
- "Please stay in your seats at halftime, you could miss a goal!" (Fans of Freiburg, after a hand penalty was pronounced against their club during the break)
- "Loosely speaking, I have been stupefying for ten years, but I keep afloat because I can kick pretty well."(Nils Petersen)
- "The Swedes are in their mid-thirties at the disco: putting them in the back and waiting for something to happen." (Thomas Hitzlsperger)
- "This is not slow motion, these are real pictures." (Béla Réthy at the World Cup match Germany vs. South Korea)
- "Would be, bicycle chain." (Lothar Matthäus)