The Social Insurance Institution is getting ready to handle the “Rodzina 500 plus” program. – I assure you that from January 1 next year we will be ready for it – says the president of ZUS, prof. Gertruda Uścińska.
- From the new year, ZUS will start taking over from local governments the service of the 500 plus program. Initially, it will only accept applications for new benefits
- Benefits currently paid by communes will be continued until the end of the period for which they were granted, i.e. until the end of May 2022. Only then will they be taken over by ZUS
- For parents, the most important changes are: the end of the possibility of submitting paper applications and payment of the benefit only in a non-cash form
- You can find more such information on the Onet homepage
The latest amendment to the law on state aid in bringing up children stipulates that the “Family 500 plus” program will be serviced and the benefits will be paid out by the Social Insurance Institution, and not – as before – by municipalities. Parents will be able to submit applications for the benefit only electronically.
– Preparations are underway to support the government program “Rodzina 500 plus”. I can assure you that ZUS will be ready to handle this task from the New Year. We already have experience in implementing such large projects. From January 1, applications can only be sent electronically via PUE ZUS, electronic banking and the Empatia portal – explains Gertruda Uścińska, president of ZUS.
– Applications will be processed automatically. This solution has already proven itself in other tasks, including anti-crisis shield or the “Dobry start” program. The 500 plus program will be operated by the Family Benefits Service Center operating at ZUS – emphasizes the head of ZUS.
– In this situation, the vast majority of ZUS employees will not even notice that the office supports 500 plus. Employees will not be burdened with additional tasks, because the program will be implemented by the Center – adds the professor.
Accordance with the law money from the “Rodzina 500 plus” program will be paid only non-cash to the bank account number indicated by the applicant.
See also: 500 plus is not enough. Beneficiaries want more
ZUS will gradually take over the program. Benefits currently paid by municipalities will continue until the end of the period for which they were granted, i.e. the end of May 2022. In these matters, you should still contact the employees of local government offices, which pay out the 500 plus benefit.
From January 1, 2022, only applications for new 500 plus benefits, i.e. newborn children, should be submitted to ZUS.
See also: There are changes to the 500 plus. Some people will lose their jobs
Previously, similar changes were made in the “Dobry start” program, i.e. in the so-called school layette. Already this year, the benefit is serviced by the Social Insurance Institution, and applications are submitted online.