Child benefit also for adult children

Child benefit can also be paid during federal voluntary service or similar services (FSJ, FÖJ, recognized voluntary services abroad).

Child benefit can also be paid during a Transitional phase of no more than four months between school and Apprenticeship/study/voluntary services etc. are granted. You must register as unemployed with the Employment Agency during this period Not necessary.

Parents should submit the application with the required attachments in good time, there are deadlines to be observed.

A convenient online service is available at

The Family Benefits Office can be reached by phone Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. free of charge on 0800 4 5555 30.