FFA Cup WINNER Adelaide United will start her cup defense against Victorian NPL giants Melbourne Knights in one of the box office's biggest box office hits The draw of the FFA Cup 2019 took place on Wednesday evening.
The Reds – under the new boss Gertjan Verbeek – meet in a potential trick game of the 32nd round on a knight game that caused a furore in the preliminary rounds of the FFA Cup in 2019.
And in striker Hamish Watson – formerly Wellington Phoenix – they have a player with experience in the Hyundai A-League and in excellent goal form.
The Reds won the competition twice as the first team to beat Sydney FC 2-1 in last year's FFA Cup final.
And the Sky Blues qualifier for the fourth consecutive FFA Cup final begins at home to Hyundai A-League colleague Brisbane Roar.
In one of the most intriguing match-ups of the FBA Cup 2019, the knockout stages, the men of Steve Corica will be the first competing opponents of new Roar boss Robbie Fowler.
Fowler begins a new era in Brisbane and has already signed six new signings this week as he tries to revamp his Roar squad.
ABOUT THE CUP: What is the FFA Cup?
SCHEDULE: Everything you need to know about the finals
In another overall victory in the Hyundai A-League, Prime Minister Perth Glory – two-time FFA Cup finalist – will host Western Sydney Wanderers.
The duel between Glory boss Tony Popovic and his former club.
Marconi Stallions are the focus of our trip to the 2018 FFA Cup final and were drawn for an away game in South Africa against Tasmania.
Experienced APIA Leichhardt striker Franco Parisi, who was part of the Tigers team that shocked Melbourne Victory last year, and Western United FC's co-head coach John Anastasiadis ran the draw.
All 32 games of the FFA Cup 2019 round
- Sydney FC against Brisbane Roar
- Perth glory against Western Sydney Wanderers
- Melbourne Victory against Newcastle Jets
- Tigers FC against Hume City
- South Hobart v Marconi Stallions
- Adelaide Olympic against Floreat Athena
- Magpie Crusader vs Coomera Colts
- Olympic FC vs Bayswater City
- St. George vs Sydney United 58
- Darwin Olympic vs Edgeworth Eagles
- FC Bulleen Lions – Moreland Zebras
- Mount Druitt Town Rangers vs. Manly United
- Maitland FC vs. Central Coast Mariners
- Melbourne Knights vs. Adelaide United
- Campbelltown City against Melbourne City
- Brisbane Strikers vs Wellington Phoenix
NOTE: The first named teams play at home