NRW has extended the current Corona rules, including the obligation to wear masks. But for now only by a week. That’s for a reason.
Hamm – The state of North Rhine-Westphalia has extended the existing corona rules. There are no significant changes, as the Ministry of Health announced.
All in all, this means that the mask requirement in certain areas such as local public transport – due to the nationwide 9-euro ticket, the rush on buses and trains is currently large – remains in place. The extension does not apply for too long – initially only by one week until June 30th.
NRW extends the current Corona rules – but only by one week
The reason for this is simple: the free corona citizen tests are initially only regulated up to and including June 29 – that is the responsibility of the federal government. The state health ministry is not yet aware of any federal regulations that go beyond this, the statement said. However, the corona rules of the countries were based on the citizen tests and tests in the facilities.
Therefore, NRW Minister of Health Karl-Josef Laumann (CDU) demanded: “The federal government urgently needs to create planning security. The fact that we don’t know ten days before the test regulations expire, whether and how the tests will continue afterwards, is absurd.” for which a lot is already known about symptoms and sales.
Corona rules in NRW: These measures are valid until June 30, 2022
- The mask requirement in public transport remains analogous to the federally regulated mask requirements in air traffic and long-distance public transport.
- The obligation to wear masks in medical and nursing facilities remains in place “in order to protect older people and people with previous health conditions,” according to the NRW Ministry of Health.
- Masks are also compulsory indoors in state facilities for the joint accommodation of many people (e.g. asylum and refugee accommodation, communal accommodation for the homeless).
- Hospitals and care facilities may still only be entered by visitors with a current negative corona test certificate. The testing obligations that have applied to date for employees and for new employees will also be continued. In the future, there may only be exceptions for hospital outpatient clinics, which are run like medical practices and are sufficiently separated from the rest of the clinic in terms of organization and space.
- In asylum and refugee accommodation, a test can be dispensed with for fully immunized people. The same applies in prisons, detention centers pending deportation and other facilities in which deprived of liberty accommodation takes place.
The rules for isolation in the event of a positive corona test also remain in place. Anyone who has tested positive must be in isolation for ten days, but can test free after five days. An official negative rapid corona test or a PCR test (negative or with a Ct value > 30) is still required in NRW for this.