The Mexican health authorities updated the registry of people infected with the coronavirus COVID-19, which has already exceeded a figure of 1,688 cases and 60 deaths. So far, it has been recorded that only 21% of positive cases have been hospitalized and the remaining 79% are ambulatory and were sent home in quarantine.

The increase occurred in 178 more infected than those presented yesterday, Thursday, April 2. The deaths registered 10 more deaths, being mainly male patients who have died, with 86% and women with a percentage of 14% and mainly in people over 60 years and older.

The Mexican government informs that the transfer to the contingency phase 3 is expected until mid-April. In anticipation of this case, the authorities called on all available doctors and nurses, that is, without employment, to join the fight against the COVID-19, so they started a recruitment campaign to increase the numbers of medical personnel in hospitals and health centers. At the moment, 2,000 doctors were requested to incorporate them as support and to have more staff.

The information platforms used by health authorities are vulnerable due to an error in programming on the page, as demonstrated by a young Mexican programmer to the journalist Peniley Ramírez, who received information that was subsequently shown at the conference that takes place at 7 p.m. every day as an update to the fight against the pandemic.

Jorge Villalobos, a programmer based outside the country, said that authorities have already corrected the system after he reported the error and that “He is very pleased that the Ministry of Health pays more attention to improving the quality of its information systems” since it serves to avoid the modification and leakage of sensitive information that can be misinterpreted.

Despite the fact that it was thought that pets were not affected by the coronavirus COVID-19, new studies showed that there are species that are susceptible to suffering from the disease, mainly cats, which seem to function as vectors and are capable of transmitting it to other cats.

On the other hand, dogs seem to present a much more effective resistance to the risk of contagion, unlike cats. This was demonstrated by a series of experiments in which cats were infected with large doses of COVID-19 to study the outcome of infection in other species in order to support the search for a cure.

However, even though the cats were infected and showed a positive test result to confirm the presence of the disease, they did not suffer the symptoms that humans do, such as shortness of breath or pneumonia, which reported that the immune system fought and successfully eradicated the presence of coronavirus in animals.

The study was carried out by members of the Harbin Veterinary Research Institute confirmed that, and was approved and supported by the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs. It should be clarified that the dose of coronavirus supplied to animals was a much greater quantity than that which can be presented in conventional methods., which reinforces the idea that pets are currently immune to infection.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.