Divorce and arguments about money. The husband buried the stabbed woman alive

An attempted murder and literally being buried alive ended a divorce dispute with her husband for a woman from the state of Washington, USA. In the end, the injured woman miraculously managed to get out of the shallow grave and call the police, reports NBC News.

A Thurston County sheriff’s deputy near Lacey, about 60 miles southwest of Seattle, found a terrified woman hiding behind a shed in a backyard just before 1 a.m. Monday, according to a police report.

“My husband is trying to kill me,” the woman screamed, with duct tape still wrapped around her neck, lower face and ankles, according to a court document. She had extensive bruising on her legs, arms and head, and her clothes and hair were covered in dirt.

According to NBC, the woman later told police that she was assaulted by her husband in the bedroom of her home. He tied her hands behind her back with duct tape and blindfolded her. He also tied her legs across her thighs and ankles. She told investigators that when her husband left the bedroom, she was able to use her smartwatch to call 911 and send an emergency notification.

When he returned, he dragged her to the garage where he smashed her watch with a hammer. She further described in her statement that he took her somewhere in a van and then put her on the ground outside. She told police she heard him kicking the ground. He then stabbed her in the chest.

The report goes on to say that after being laid in the ground, the woman heard her husband walking around her and throwing dirt on her. She went on to tell police that she was trying to breathe inside the pit and was trying to keep dirt off her face by moving her head. She estimated that she spent several hours in the shallow grave. She finally managed to free her bound hands and get out of the grave.

Police were able to obtain CCTV footage from neighbors showing her husband’s van parked outside the house. Investigators also have video footage of him driving the van into the garage and then driving away. It was also possible to identify the place where investigators found the shallow grave that the woman described in her statement.

The woman told investigators that her husband had previously threatened to kill her. She testified that he told her he would “rather kill her than give her the money for her retirement,” according to the police document.

The 53-year-old man was booked into the county jail on Tuesday, and during a preliminary hearing Wednesday, a judge granted a prosecutor’s request that he be held without bail, the Thurston County Prosecutor’s Office said. The detainee faces a number of charges, such as attempted murder, kidnapping and assault.