A doctor-endoscopist in Buryatia saved a swallowed 11-month-old baby who was treated for two months from bronchitis, the pr-service of the Republican Clinical Emergency Hospital reports. The son of a man whose life was a real threat entered the admissions department of the hospital. My son was panting and blue in front of my eyes, informed the press center of BSMP. The child entered a very serious condition, he was suffocated. Practically two months could not establish the diagnosis, put “acute bronchitis”. The child was treated with antibiotics. From the rural area was taken to the children’s surgical department of the hospital, – told the press center of the institution. A consultation of leading professionals was urgently convened: pediatric surgeons and endoscopists. Experienced endoscopist Valentina Matveeva found that a certain foreign body was stuck in the lump of the cotton in the baby’s esophagus. The doctors decided to conduct a thorough endoscopic examination of the child’s internal organs. If not for the skill of honey. staff, the walls of the food tract, because of the suppuration, could burst. The child, obviously, was threatened with death. As a result of painstaking work, foreign bodies – a wad of cotton wool and a sliver – were extracted from the food tract. The state of the child has improved significantly, – was informed in BSMP. At the moment, the son feels great and has already been discharged from the clinic. Valentina Matveeva, after graduating from the Barnaul Medical Institute, along with her husband Robert Matveyev, head of the department of anesthesiology and resuscitation of BSMP, successfully works in an ambulance clinic for at least a quarter of a century.