Nintendo of America shocked fans around the world last night by announcing that its iconic figurehead Reggie Fils-Aime would retire after 15 years.
But while the fans still wished Reggie good luck, attention was already turning to the new leader, the unlikely Doug Bowser.
Mr. Bowser has been with Nintendo for four years, but his rise to become a NOA boss makes him one of the most visible characters in the company. And with such a name – Doug! lol – Twitter started fast with the memes.
It's the first day that it's announced that the new president of Nintendo of America is called Doug Bowser and the jokes are already old.
Nor is it funny for the NoA staff who now have to search the building to find the stars unlocking his office door when they need to talk to him
– supergreatfriend (@supergreatfrien) February 21, 2019
– Tannith (@TannithArt) February 21, 2019
Nintendo is now run by Doug Bowser, and he's wasted no time in avenging himself on Mario and Luigi. pic.twitter.com/NFGB2EwXPF
– Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher) February 21, 2019
Nintendo of America will not be the same when Doug Bowser replaces Reggie as president pic.twitter.com/nNFjbqzbds
– Shane (@ FourScore64) February 22, 2019
Has anyone said Doug Bowser? pic.twitter.com/FvhqjmmuOQ
– Bloo (@ Bluelaserbeam) February 22, 2019
I can not stop laughing at this Doug Bowser meme. 💀💀💀 pic.twitter.com/jxnwPUwevI
– Piero P. (@ THAT_G0MEZ) February 21, 2019
Welcome to Doug Bowser as the new CEO of Nintendo of America! pic.twitter.com/ngLFilgQkZ
– Pierre-suke (@ Shueisha64) February 21, 2019
I suggest that we refer to their leaders solely by their full name so as not to make them human. Jeffrey Bezos. Douglas Bowser. Robert Shitheel Kotick
– merritt k (@merrittk) February 21, 2019
– Dburg (@king_dippy) February 22, 2019
Doug Bowser will wake up to show a porno of him as a bowsette because you do not know how to behave
– lil uzi medb (@hiizansen) February 21, 2019
Doug Bowsette: * Trends on Twitter *
– healthy (@dubbletaptweet) February 22, 2019
Certainly not. Sure no … oh.
Yes. Doug Bowsette has been trendy for a while.
Congratulations on doubling Bugette on their promotion pic.twitter.com/qoMOdul0Jv
– axel (@ AxellianYT) February 22, 2019
QUELQU & # 39; UN L & # 39; AURAIT F0RCEMENT FAIT UN J0UR 0U L & # 39; AUTRE
Voici Doug Bowsette 8D pic.twitter.com/FSVnrKpgQF
– Meyan ~ ☆ (@MeyanChama) February 21, 2019
– LowResAtari (@LowResAtari) February 22, 2019
Doug Bowsette is a beautiful president, you stupid mortal. pic.twitter.com/OE2fUyzXNY
– Elliot Xylou Omega (@ Elliot Omega) February 22, 2019
And that's what I'm allowed to post here on a Safe For Work family site.
Welcome to the spotlight, Doug Bowser!