Emirates News Agency – “Gulftainer” develops the Saudi port of “Jubail” at a cost of 50 million dollars

Sharjah, 22nd November/WAM/ Jesco, a subsidiary of the Sharjah-based Gulftainer International Group, has announced improvements to Jubail Commercial Port in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at a cost of $50 million, which will enable the port to handle 1.8 million 20-gauge containers. Present TEU’s annually and by increasing the volume of exports in Jubail, the Kingdom’s exporters will have the ability to directly reduce carbon emissions.

According to the World Economic Forum, freight trucking accounts for about 25 percent of global transportation emissions although 60 percent of containers handled by shipping operators in the Jubail region are currently transported through the port and the remaining 40 percent are transported via the Dammam Expressway. Ambitious carbon neutral goals are to take an average of 101 kilometers of road with each container moving over Jubail.

The group explained that congestion and traffic accidents on the highway often lead to delays in reaching the eastern region and congestion in the surrounding remote areas. By developing production capabilities in Jubail, cargo owners will be able to directly improve road safety and ensure the safety of the important oil and gas supply chain in Jubail. Kingdom Saudi Arabia.

Jason French, managing director of the project developer, said, “As we develop the Jubail Commercial Port, we continue to work with the Saudi Ports Authority – Mwani – and other key stakeholders including SABIC and Sadara to divert container transportation to the port. We adhere to the principles set out in Saudi Vision 2030 and the Saudi Vision 2030 initiative. Green Saudi Arabia is under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, to offset the impact of fossil fuels and reduce negative effects on the climate. According to our experts, transporting containers by truck to Dammam instead of using the local port of Jubail emits 26.1 million kilograms of carbon annually. Cargo through Jubail Port makes economic and environmental sense.

Wam / Batoul Kashwani / Abdel Nasser Moneim

.