Emmanuel Macron's speech at the Crif dinner: what to remember
In a speech at the dinner of the Representative Council of Jewish Institutions in France (Crif), this Wednesday night in Paris, Emmanuel Macron made several announcements to fight against anti-Semitism:
– The head of state has notably announced that France would adopt in its reference texts a definition of anti-Semitism extended to anti-Zionism. "Anti-Zionism is one of the modern forms of anti-Semitism," did he declare.
– MP LREM Laetitia Avia will introduce a bill to fight hatred on the internet "From the month of May", he also said.
– will also be launched "audit" schools affected by the "Schooling" children of Jewish faith. Lamenting that students from certain neighborhoods are "Too often" forced to "leave public school", the President of the Republic instructed his Minister of Education to evaluate this phenomenon so that the school plays at full "His role as a republican bulwark".
– He finally asked for the dissolution of"Associations or groups" racist or anti-Semitic, starting with the far-right organizations Social Bastion, Blood and Honor Hexagon and Combat 18.
– "For several years, and the situation has worsened in recent weeks, our country – as indeed all of Europe and almost all Western democracies – is facing a resurgence of anti-Semitism probably unpublished since the Second World War »Macron said, adding that"Again, for several years, anti-Semitism kills in France". (AFP photo)