President of Catalan Civil Society
The president of Catalan Civil Society asks the Government not to buy the independence story and not give the key of Catalua to ERC
Catalan Civil Society brings the voice of constitutionalism to Brussels
Civil Society cut the Vallvidrera tunnel
After a season of internal turbulence,Catalan Civil SocietyHe has placed himself at the forefront of Catalan constitutionalism and prepares informative actions in Brussels against independence propaganda. The president of the entity,Fernando Snchez Costa, this Wednesday participates in Madrid in a colloquium ofThe Rene Spain.
- You have always claimed the unity of constitutionalism, what do you think of the sum of PP and Cs in the Basque Country? And the possibility of being repeated in Catalua?
- We will not go into partisan issues. We have always welcomed positively any initiative that allows to add constitutional vote and more if it is in Catalua. What we will do is work so that Catalan constitutionalism comes to vote in mass as happened on 21-D of 2017. It is decisive.
- It seems difficult to recover the spirit of October 8, the great constitutionalist demonstration of Barcelona with the PSC, Cs and PP …
- It hurts us to see the inability of the constitutionalist parties to weave tunes that are fundamental at this decisive moment for Spain. A great state agreement that allows us to overcome the hegemone of the nationalists is urgent. That requires shared strategies and the will to win the battle in the field of ideas and politics.
- How do you see the government dialogue table with separatism?
- We support the dialogue within the Constitution, but the chosen formula is not the most appropriate. This table has no lace in the Magna Carta. There is a double risk: the temptation in which all governments have succumbed for 40 years to give the keys of Catalua to ERC, as was done before with Pujol, to guarantee stability in Madrid. That will lay the foundations for future independence. Second, to confuse nationalist demands with those of all of Catalua, thus avoiding the vindications of Catalan constitutionalism.
- Does Catalan constitutionalism feel abandoned today?
- There is a risk of reverse disaffection in Catalua. The real danger that those Catalans who remained loyal to the Constitution and who defend the unity of Spain in a very difficult context will again be ignored by the State. There is fear and some melancholy because lately we do not find the echo and support of before. It is normal that the Catalan crisis ends up depleting, but it is the crisis in Spain and the future of the country does not only depend on what happens in Moncloa, it is in everyone’s hands. Q.- Has this concern been transferred to President Snchez?
- Has this concern been transferred to President Snchez?
- We have a good dialogue with the PSC. Now we ask Snchez to receive SCC as the main voice of Catalan civil constitutionalism. Without taking into account there will be no solution in Catalua, we cannot return to the previous status quo and accept a consensus dictated by nationalism to guarantee stability. From a constructive point of view, we want our voice to be taken into account in the public discussion agenda.
- What do you ask the president?
- An electoral law in Catalonia fair and balanced; that the presence of Spanish be normalized in Catalan public life as its own language. Guarantee the neutrality of public spaces and administration; the depoliticization of the public media, of the Mossos and of Education. As well as a greater presence of the State in Catalua.
- You have organized a mobilization this Friday to protest the independence courts of the meridian of Barcelona
- We are also a social movement and we want to prevent independence from taking control with the ANC of professional associations and doing whatever they want in the urban space without anyone answering them. Our mobilization is a symbolic and effective gesture to raise public awareness of a very serious event, which for 150 days a separatist group cuts one of the main arteries of the city, disturbing the neighbors. We are convinced that if those cuts were in the upper area of Barcelona, where there is a lot of nationalist voter, they would have already been dissolved by the Mossos.
According to the criteria of