Juan Diego Murcia / Management Newspaper
When you want to renew vehicle insurance or buy a new one, you require a complete evaluation to acquire the coverage you need at a price that fits your pocket. So you can choose the right policy without incurring unnecessary debt. Here are five recommendations to keep in mind:
- You need to think about insurance when choosing your car. To calculate the insurance value, the car model is taken into account due to the value of spare parts and other market variables. Some cars like minivans and SUVs can be less expensive.
- Be clear about your needs. If you do not use your vehicle on a daily basis, but do so occasionally, you may not need a policy that covers any eventuality as if it would be required by a person who drives every day. In that case, you can access mileage plans, since the kilometers traveled per month are taken into account. On the contrary, if you drive for a long time in the week, insurers provide coverage that can protect against any eventuality such as theft, total loss, damage to third parties, among others.
- Be on the lookout for promotions. Many times insurers give discounts to customers at key moments, for example, when they launch new products on the market or on Cyber days, etc.
- Benefits of e-commerce. Insurers sometimes offer discounts or premiums that favor the customer when they use other sales channels, such as electronic commerce, which allows access to their services at a much cheaper price.
- Be a responsible driver. If you are a good driver, when calculating insurance rates, you will have greater benefits for your record in the system.