Home News Fox, NBC and Facebook pull out Trump ad

Fox, NBC and Facebook pull out Trump ad

NBC, Fox News Channel and Facebook reported that they will stop broadcasting a campaign ad by President Donald Trump in which a Mexican migrant convicted of the murder of two policemen appears.

CNN had already rejected that same pattern because it was considered racist.

When Trump was asked if he thought the ad was offensive, the president replied: "Many things are offensive. Many times your questions are offensive. "

It's possible that the ad has already been seen by more people than it would have seen it if it had been on the air.

NBC broadcasted it during Sunday night's game between the New England Patriots and the Green Bay Packers, which had the largest audience in the program's history. During football season, it is usually the most watched television program, with around 20 million viewers.

MSNBC also broadcast it on Monday in "Morning Joe."

Broadcast for the first time last week, the ad contains images of Luis Bracamontes, a Mexican migrant who had been deported on two previous occasions and who was sentenced to death in California for the murder of two policemen.

He is seen smiling during a court appearance and saying, "Soon I will run away and kill more."

A previous version of the guide said, without evidence, that "the democrats allowed him to enter our country." The declaration was deleted for the current version.

The new edition shows a crowd shaking a fence, in an apparent attempt to tear it down, and ends with the phrase: "Trump and the Republicans are returning to the United States safely again."

NBC was the first of the three companies to report that it would stop broadcasting the pattern on Monday, apparently after receiving harsh responses online.

"After a more thorough review, we recognize the insensitive nature of the pattern and have decided to stop transmitting it as soon as possible on all of our properties," NBC Universal said in a statement.

Marianne Gambelli, president of advertising sales for Fox News, said the commercial was removed on Sunday "after a more thorough review."

Fox did not indicate the number of times he had broadcast it on Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network.

Facebook initially transmitted the guideline. But company spokesman Andy Stone said it was accidentally because it violates the company's policies on tabloid content.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Must Read

After the attacks in Sri Lanka, the responsibility of the authorities in question

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe confirmed Sunday night that information about potential attacks on churches had been transmitted by the security services but he had...

Financial investments: how to detect scams?

Forex (like "Foreign Exchange", the world currency market), binary options, fake diamonds, phony bitcoin platforms and now placements in fictional cattle herds ... The...

How can Blockchain increase your profits in the banking sector?

Each sector is revolutionizing technology in the digital economy and bringing about radical change. The banking sector is no different. Banks have successfully adopted...

Expropriations forced in South Africa: an air of Zimbabwe?

In South Africa, for the past year, the thorny issue of land redistribution has come to the fore in this election period. Like this article...

New Film Publications in 2019: The Biggest and Expected Films

From Avengers: Endgame) to Toy Story 4, Star Wars: The Rise From Skywalker to The Lion King - Disney has at least five films...