Gas leak causes home explosion in Gladwyne

Gas leak causes home explosion in Gladwyne

GLADWYNE, PA (WPVI) –

A 9,000-square-foot house exploded in Gladwyne, Lower Merion Township.

Chopper 6 HD was over the scene as the crews combed through debris.

The explosion happened shortly after 8 pm. on the 600 block from Dodds Lane.

The explosion was heard from afar in South Jersey.

"Our whole house shook, we're about a mile or two further down the road, we did not know what it was, a kind of explosion," said one resident who heard the explosion.

Authorities say the cause of the explosion was a gas leak.

"The information we have at this point is that the house is undergoing extensive renovations, a significant portion of the family home has been leveled and we have support from ATF and State Fire Marshal, they are on their way," said Supt. Mike McGrath

We were told that at the time of the explosion nobody was in the house and that the family was in a second home when the main house exploded.

No injuries were reported.

There were deposits in the surrounding trees.

PECO crews are on site to stop the gas.

——
Send a message tip to Action News
Learn more about 6abc apps

(Copyright © 2018 WPVI-TV, all rights reserved.)

,

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.