WAVERLY, Ga. – A Georgia woman bitten by a rattlesnake in the garden has died.
News agencies report that 62-year-old Priscilla Meridith was bitten last month and suffered an allergic reaction and a heart attack that left her in a medically induced coma she never woke up from.
Meridith's family reports she suffered from heart attack and organ failure at the hospital. She died last week.
PENNSYLVANIA WOMAN THROWING BY RATTLESNAKE DO LAUNDRY
Relatives said that Meridith had no antidote during treatment on the Brunswick campus of the Southeast Georgia health care system, hospital officials said Meridith was allergic. The emergency medical director of the hospital, dr. Mohsen Aklaghi said the staff had followed the recommendations of the Georgia Poison Control.
Get the Fox News app
Dr. Gaylord Lopez, Managing Director of Poison Control, told WJAX-TV that allergic patients can still be given an antidote if they are on "good candidate" based factors such as medical history and vital signs.