The federal government approved the national health emergency declaration for Covid-19 disease. In addition to the measures that are underway as part of the National Sana Distancia Day, all sectors in the country, mainly private companies, will be encouraged to stop most of their activities.
It extended until April 30 the stoppage of non-essential activities in the public and private sectors to prevent the spread of COVID-19 spreading. The Undersecretary of Health, Hugo López-Gatell announced a program of seven points that must be met during the suspension of activities.
1. Suspension of all non-essential activities, except for those that are necessary to attend emergencies such as labor, medical branch and health sector, public and private field; Public security, national integrity and sovereignty, legislative activity, essential sectors for the functioning of the economy and social programs for the government continue.
2. The national day of healthy distance is extended until April 30
3. The population is exhorted to a voluntary domiciliary shelter
4. People over 60 years of age or diagnosed with hypertension, diabetes, immunosuppression, pregnancy and diabetes should not report to work even if they work in essential sectors.
5. The Secretary of Labor will determine a staggered return to work activities.
6. Censuses involving physical interaction are suspended
7.All these measures will be done in full respect of human rights
“The non-essential services of the social and private sectors must immediately adopt modalities of teleworking, remote work or the like, without the activities of their workers involving an on-site act.” indicates the agreement that was made in the General Health Council.
The announcement of new measures had been advanced by President Andrés Manuel López Obrador at his morning conference on Monday, so he asked people to pay attention to the daily report on the progress of COVID-19 in Mexico.
The president maintained his cautious stance toward firm measures to contain the virus and said he will not implement a state of emergency or respond authoritatively. He gave no sign of canceling his weekend tours to the states.
“I am sure we are going to face the coronavirus”, He said, and mentioned the advantages that Mexico has over other countries, as a very “fraternal” family structure. López Obrador mentioned again that women are better caregivers than men and referred to them as personal “nurses” of families.
Information in development