ZTE launched an Axon flagship on May 9, ZTE Axon 40 Ultrawhose selling point is selfie hidden under the screen. ZTE does this for the same reason as Samsung with the Galaxy Z Fold 3: for a greater immersion in the image displayed on the screen.
We are dealing here with a smartphone with generous dimensions, with a diagonal of 6.8 inches, but still smaller than the ZTE Axon 30 5G, the 6.92 inch. To allow for a more successful selfie capture, ZTE used a UDC Pro chip at the base of the display, along with a sub-pixel arrangement that makes the camera area more even. Like its predecessor, the ZTE Axon 40 Ultra comes with a triple camera with 64 MP main sensor with optical stabilization.
Here is the list of specifications of the ZTE Axon 40 Ultra:
- Display: 6.8 inch, AMOLED, 120Hz, FHD+
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen1
- RAM + storage: 8/12/16 GB RAM LPDDR5 + 256 / 512GB / 1TB UFS 3.1 storage
- Battery: 5000 mAh, charging at 80W
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, below the display
- Rear camera: 64 MP wide + 64 MP ultra-wide + 64 MP telephoto periscope
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Wi-Fi 6, USB-C 3.0, NFC
- Security: fingerprint scanner under display
As a design, the phone comes with a kind of Galaxy Note or Galaxy S20 Ultra or S21 Ultra, through the lens of the rear photo module. For gaming we have a chamber steam cooling system and a generous 36,356 square millimeter heat dissipation area. The terminal weighs 204 grams and starts at 704 euros, in the configuration with 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage.
It will arrive in silver or black, and we have been finding it globally since June on ZTEdevices.com. There will also be variants with 512 GB or 1 TB of storage.