If you no longer want someone to contact you on Snapchat, it’s easy to suspend their account. Additionally, if you change your mind about blocking them, unblocking them is just as easy. Here’s how to do both.
Snapchat continues to be one of the most popular social media platforms out there, with millions of people using the multimedia instant messaging app to send direct messages, photos, videos, and post stories to their contacts.
As with any other social media platform, at some point while using the app, you may find that for some reason you no longer want a particular account to be able to contact you.
Luckily, the app allows you to block people if you want to prevent them from communicating with you. However, if you change your mind, you have the option to unlock them. Here’s what you need to know.
Snapchat continues to be an extremely popular social media app.
How to block someone on Snapchat
Blocking someone on Snapchat is easy – just follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Go to the conversations on the left or use the Lupe Icon at the top of the page to search for specific users.
- Once you have found the user you want to block, press and hold in chat to bring up the menu.
- click “Manage Friendship” then ‚Block.‘
How to unblock someone on Snapchat
If you change your mind about blocking someone, you can unblock them just as easily. Just do the following:
- Open Snapchat.
- Click yours profile icon top left.
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Scroll down and below ‘Account Actions’ click ‘Constipated.’
- Tap the ‚X‘ next to an account’s name to unlock it.
If you’re interested in learning more about using Snapchat, you can check out some of our other guides here:
How To Remove Someone From Your Snapchat Best Friends List | How to allow camera access on Snapchat | How to create a public profile on Snapchat | How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat | How to Pin someone on Snapchat
This article is generated from the feed and is not edited by our editors