According to Microsoft, to install Windows 11, the computer must be running an 8th generation Intel processor or higher. However, if your computer has an outdated processor, you can install the system easily and in just three steps.
Installing Windows 11 on unsupported computers
First you need to download the 5.1 GB Windows 11 ISO file. To do this, follow these steps
- Visit the Microsoft website with this.
- Scroll down to the Download Windows 11 ISO Disc Images section.
- In the box below, click the down arrow and select Windows 11.
- Click on the download option.
- Select the language of the operating system you want and then press the confirmation option.
- On the next screen, click the Download button that appears to download the ISO file to your computer.
While the file is downloading, you can go to the second step which is to modify some values in the Windows registry to avoid processor control. To do this, follow these steps
- In the search box at the bottom left, type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- In the window that appears, copy and paste the following path into the search box above.
Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM Setup MoSetup
- Right-click anywhere in the window, then select the DWORD (32-bit) Value option from the popup that appears.
- Name the newly created value on the left side of the screen with the following name AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
- Once it’s named, double-click on it and then enter the number 1 in the Value data field at the bottom of the popup that appears.
- Click OK and then close the Registry Editor.
Now go to the location of the ISO file that you downloaded earlier on your computer, then open it and find the Setup.exe file and double click on it to start the Windows 11 installation process.
On the next screen, you can select the option to keep your Windows settings, personal files, and apps if you want to update your current system.
If you want to install a new system, select the option to keep nothing. On the following screens, select the indicators that appear to you, such as choosing the language, geographical region, computer names, and other indicators that appear to you during the installation process. Note that the computer restarts automatically during this process.