Doctor Thira updates his knowledge of COVID, pointing out that mRNA vaccine is better than viral vector, research in Bangkok says the unemployment rate is the lowest in 50 years as a result of Long COVID
18 May 2022 – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Teera Woratanarat, Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn University Posted on Facebook about the situation of Covid-19 for May 18, 2022 that it has passed 523 million. Yesterday around the world added 794,802 people, 1,377 more deaths, a total of 523,707,042 people, 6,292,170 deaths. 5 The first with the highest infections were North Korea, Germany, Australia, Taiwan and Italy.
Yesterday, the number of new infections included countries from Europe and Asia, seven of the top 10 and 13 of the world’s top 20. The number of new infections every day in the world now. from Asia and Europe Together, they accounted for 78.87% of the world, while the number of deaths accounted for 62.23%. New infections in Asia accounted for 51.95% of the world, while the number of deaths increased at 13.58 percent.
… Thailand’s epidemic situation, from Worldometer data this morning, found that yesterday the number of new infections, including ATK, was the 14th highest in the world and 5th in Asia, while the number of deaths yesterday It is the 10th highest in the world and is the 1st in Asia, equal to Taiwan, although the Thai MoPH has adjusted the reporting system from 1 May onwards until the reported number is reduced. Thailand’s death toll yesterday accounted for 20.32% of all reported deaths in Asia.
1. van Gils MJ and team from the Netherlands Compared the efficacy of vaccines for in vitro immunization (antibodies) against viral strains of concern, including Omicron, as measured at 4 weeks after vaccination. and after injection of stimulant It was clear that the mRNA vaccine performed better than the viral vector (Figure 1).
2. Nordstrom P et al from Sweden point out that Second needle booster vaccination in the elderly This reduces the risk of death by 42% more than a single booster needle (35%-49% confidence interval) (as shown in the table).
3. Data from Prof.Page C (UK) summarizes the situation in the UK that It currently has the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, with the BBC pointing out that there are 1.3 million vacancies due to a decline in the number of workers in the system. As a result of 3 main reasons: Regulations for post-Brexit workers, exits for the elderly after the coronavirus pandemic, and an increase in the number of people suffering from long term sickness.
Bank of England data released on May 9, 2022, shows that the shortage of workers aged 16-64 as a result of long-term illness is rapidly increasing. especially female and believed to be the result of the epidemic and Long COVID
The situation seen in foreign countries Thailand needs to look forward and prepare for the situation of labor shortage that may occur in the future As a result of numerous infections from the second wave (late 63 to early ’64 from strain G), the third wave (April ’64 through late ’04 from Alpha and Delta), and the fourth (Omicron from early ’65, etc.) come) with the potential for long-term COVID-19 cases to deteriorate their ability to live and work in daily life and work. Regular self-protection is essential. It’s best not to be infected.
1. van Gils MJ et al. Antibody responses against SARS-CoV-2 variants induced by four different SARS-CoV-2 vaccines in health care workers in the Netherlands: A prospective cohort study. PLOS Medicine. 17 May 2022.
2. Nordstrom P et al. Effectiveness of a Second COVID-19 Vaccine Booster on All-Cause Mortality in Long-Term Care Facility Residents and in the Oldest Old: A Nationwide, Retrospective Cohort Study in Sweden. SSRN (Preprints with The Lancet). 12 May 2022.