JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Bulog’s Managing Director Budi Waseso (Buwas) said Indonesia would not import rice until the end of 2022. He said the government’s domestic rice reserves (CBP) had been met.
“For four years in a row, Indonesia has not imported rice. Hopefully, by the end of this year, it won’t be imported either,” said Buwas at a press conference in Jakarta, Tuesday (10/5/2022).
He said, until now the amount of rice stock stored in warehouses throughout Indonesia is around 1 million tons.
He assessed that the stock was a safe limit according to the government’s assignment, which was 1 million tons to 1.5 million tons.
Also read: Assigned to Distribute Bulk Cooking Oil, Bulog Boss: Wait for Assignment Regulations
“For the main commodity that we control, namely rice, the amount is very safe, there are 1 million tons, plus we have absorbed as much as 256,000 tons,” he said.
The stock will continue to increase because Bulog is still absorbing farmers’ crops.
Buwas admitted that his party will carry out the assignments given by the government to the maximum.
“With the strength of the infrastructure facilities owned by Bulog coupled with the experience of distributing various social assistances, Bulog is ready to carry out the assignments given,” he concluded.
Also read: Bulog Guarantees Rice Availability Even though there is a surge in demand
Get updates news of choice and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.