Blurred iPhone 6s screen
Despite still being an exceptional problem, this is one of the most common among screen failures. Either because the entire screen is blurred or a specific section in which the image is blurred, the best thing to do to solve it is calibrate the screen. This calibration must really be carried out by experts, so you should go to a technical service that has the tools with which to undertake this action.
If the screen is green
Having the green screen or any other color variation on an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus could be related, again, to a bad calibration of the same. However, it is also possible that this is due to an accidental blow to the screen. Many times the phone can fall to the ground or get hit against an object and not present any apparent problems at the time, however some part may stop working over time due to wear caused by the accident. Be that as it may, we again recommend going to a technical service to check the screen and they can offer you a repair estimate.
Solution to software problems
Obviously a screen is pure and hard hardware, but you have to know that sometimes the software can play a trick and due to some kind of failure it shows the screen with inappropriate colors or some other type of problem. The best solution to this is restore iPhone without backup.
The fact of not making a backup is fundamentally due to the fact that if the problem resides in some type of file that you have on your phone, it will continue if you restore with a copy. In any case, we recommend making the backup copy before carrying out this process, since if the screen problem is not solved, you can restore it again and, this time, load the copy. To format the phone it is always recommended to do it with a computer, although if you do not have one you can do it from Settings> General> Reset and clicking on Clear content and settings.
Format iPhone 6s with a Mac on macOS Catalina or later
- Connect your iPhone 6s to the Mac using its corresponding cable.
- Open a window Finder.
- When the Mac has recognized the iPhone, its icon will appear in the left bar, click on it.
- Go to the tab General from the top.
- Click now on Restore iPhone and follow the steps indicated on the screen and do not disconnect the device until the process is finished.
Format iPhone 6s with a Mac on macOS Mojave or earlier
- Connect your iPhone 6s via cable to the Mac.
- Opens iTunes.
- Once the Mac has recognized the iPhone, you must click on its icon at the top of iTunes.
- Go to the tab Summary from the top.
- Tap on Restore iPhone and follow the recommended on-screen steps without disconnecting the phone until the process is complete.
Format iPhone 6s with a Windows computer
- Connect your iPhone 6s to the PC via cable.
- Opens iTunes. If you do not have this program installed, you can download it from the Apple website.
- When the PC has recognized the iPhone, you must click on its icon at the top of iTunes.
- Go to the tab Summary from the top.
- Tap on Restore iPhone and follow the indicated steps without disconnecting the device until the process is finished.
Price for iPhone 6s screen
If you finally have to change the screen due to an internal failure of the screen or due to an apparent breakage, the price you will have to assume at Apple is 171,10 euros Regardless of whether it is the 4.7-inch or the 5.5-inch model. If you have AppleCare + contracted, this price will be 29 euros, also in both models.
If you are looking for a cheapest solution you could change the screen yourself. This option is not recommended if the phone still has a warranty, since this would be canceled automatically when handling its components. It is also not advisable to change the screen yourself if you do not have enough skill and knowledge to do so. If you finally decide to do it, you can find very cheap packs on Amazon in which, in addition to the screen, the necessary tool kit is included, although it must be said that the quality The screen is not the best as it is not an original part.
If the iPhone is under warranty
It has been several years since the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus were launched, but since there are stores where they are still sold, it is possible that yours was a recent purchase. If your phone still has a legal guarantee, the best thing to do before any failure is to always go to Apple. You can make an appointment on their technical support website and if you don’t have a nearby Apple Store they can come and pick it up at your home to take it to their laboratories. Of course, this has an additional cost of 12.10 euros that could be added to the possible repair in case it is not covered by the warranty. In the event that there is no nearby Apple Store or that Apple does not operate in your country, it is best to go to an Authorized Technical Service (SAT).