With Ubuntu, Canonical made open source usable by all. Today, from enterprise to home users, from Calcutta to California, Ubuntu continues to redefine productivity, reliability and innovation on desktops, in the cloud and on devices. We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing marketing strategy and go to market plans at a global level for Ubuntu desktop and server… This is a hands-on, multi-disciplinary and dynamic position, requiring close collaboration with the product and engineering teams, content team, sales teams, as well as other marketing functions… all in support of Ubuntu and Canonical’s growth.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to always improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
- Experience in a product marketing function for enterprise or developer products
Passion for Ubuntu, Linux and open source
- The discipline and creativity to build successful go-to-market strategies
- Personal engagement with users and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: strong content marketer
- Excellent academic results, with Bachelor’s or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or STEM
- Commitment to continuous learning, feedback and improvement
- Engagement with the latest marketing and martech practices
We expect members of the Canonical marketing team to be excellent communicators who are at ease working with a complex mix of engineers, product managers, sales representatives and executives. They should also be able to translate complex value propositions into simple messages and awareness journeys.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on an iconic IT product portfolio
- Influence in the open source and Ubuntu community
- An inclusive work environment
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products
#Job #Application #Product #Marketing #Manager #Ubuntu #Canonical