Sorbonne University is a multidisciplinary and research-intensive university. Continuing the humanist tradition of the Sorbonne, it strives to respond to the scientific challenges of the 21st century and to transmit the knowledge resulting from its laboratories and its research teams to its students and to society as a whole.
Deploying its training to 54,000 students, including 4,700 doctoral students and 10,200 foreign students, it employs 6,300 teachers, teacher-researchers, researchers and 4,900 library staff, administrative, technical, social and health. Its budget is €670 million.
Sorbonne University, mainly located in the heart of Paris, has leading potential and is extending its presence to more than twenty sites in Ile-de-France and in the regions.
Sorbonne University presents an original organization in three faculties of “Letters”, “Medicine” and “Sciences and Engineering” which have a significant autonomy of implementation of the strategy of the university in their perimeter on the basis of a contract of objectives and means. University governance is primarily dedicated to promoting the university’s strategy, steering, developing partnerships and diversifying resources..
This position is to be filled within the interfaculty directorates • http://www.sorbonne-universite.fr
The Department of Science, Culture and Society Relations promotes, organizes and coordinates the policy of promoting the knowledge and expertise of the university community, and the commitment to meet the expectations of sharing and dialogue on the part of society.
The direction aims to enhance the disciplines and expertise of the 3 faculties and to promote an interdisciplinary action strategy.
It has four main missions:
- Defines the strategy and action program to implement the policy of sharing and openness to knowledge defined by the governance of the University
- Ensures the coordination and the internal animation of the actors
- Designs and produces events and mediation devices
- Develops and promotes external partnerships
Location: Campus Pierre and Marie Curie 4 place Jussieu, 75005
Category : A
Corps : Research and training engineer
BAP : F
Typical job: F2B46 – Scientific mediation officer
12 month CDD
The “Young audiences” project manager is responsible for implementing Sorbonne University’s political strategy towards young audiences in order to
1) give an attractive representation of science
2) discover and understand the concepts of the scientific approach
3) promote university professions.
The person in charge of the mission will define and put in place tools adapted to a better knowledge of young audiences in order to develop or even renew actions in line with their expectations. He/she will coordinate the actors involved within the university and the realization of new initiatives. He/she will constitute and develop a network of partners capable of promoting the science strategy with and for Sorbonne University society towards young audiences.
Main activities :
- Animate an internal network at Sorbonne University with all the actors involved in actions towards the school environment (teachers and students): Maison pour la science, participants in the Fête de la science, laboratories hosting 3rd year internships, partner laboratories of the associative sector for young audiences (Hands-on, Tree of knowledge, etc.), “Live my life as a researcher” initiative, “Profs in college” initiative, Mineralogy collection, etc.
- Mobilize this network to consolidate existing actions and develop new mediation actions aimed at young audiences by promoting disciplinary cross-functionalities and bridges between science and the arts
- Develop and animate a network of partners on the regional territory with cultural, institutional, social and associative actors
- Design and implement a program of mediation actions to be deployed within Sorbonne University, and in the context of local, national and international events
- Design the content and mediation media (audiovisual, publishing, exhibitions, etc.) with the support of service providers where necessary, based on monitoring innovative practices in the field of mediation for young audiences; develop accompanying documents for actions such as visit support, mediation guide line, etc.
- Coordinate the dissemination of actions to the public with the communication services and manage reservations / registrations
- Establish and analyze the impact of the actions carried out, install a quality approach (implementation of analysis and evaluation grids) and more broadly produce action reports
Framing : YES – trainees for operations that require the creation of a project team
Special conditions of practice: The activity requires availability linked to events and involves time constraints and time management that can be shifted
Qualification and transversal knowledge:
- Bac+ 3 minimum in communication and scientific and technical information
- Good scientific and general culture and interest in the issues of mediation of science to society
- Good knowledge of mediation and scientific communication techniques, particularly for young audiences
- Good knowledge of the sociology of audiences
- Skills in stock valuation method
- Knowledge of the organization and functioning of higher education and public research
- Knowledge of copyright and image rights rules
- English proficiency: TOIC level
- Experience in institutional and event communication
Know how :
- Project management and budget management
- Teamwork and animation of working groups
- Writing ability, ease of expression and communication
- Relational and pedagogical skills to conduct collaborative actions with partners
- Production of assessments and reports
- Mastery of software: DTP, CMS, CRM
- Autonomy, ability to innovate and adapt practices, initiative, organization
- Critical spirit and rigor, strength of proposal and creativity
- Intellectual curiosity
12 month CDD
All applications (CV and cover letter) must be sent to the following email address: [email protected]