A remarkable step came from MHP leader Devlet Bahçeli after President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that a comprehensive legal arrangement on social media was on the way.
“I will share my last Twitter messages with you today,” said Bahceli, who made comments on her social media account. Bahçeli continued his statement as follows;
* Accessing the information in the shortest way, with the most accurate means, in the most objective way, and also actively using communication channels is a possible and effective feature of our age. Theoretically, what is expected from social media is that it responds to this need.
* However, social media has turned into a bottomless well, a platform with mining and no mercy. Social media, especially Twitter and Facebook, was a scene of slander, betrayal and attribution. Social media has become an impossible heavy security issue.
“A DEFICIENT THREAT ENVIRONMENT ROOTED”
* The fictional space of reputation assassinations, social media, which is the shelter and shelter of mischief and gossip that upset human dignity, has rooted an environment of serious threats in terms of our future, national and spiritual facts.
* The existence of social media, which provokes all kinds of aggression against human honor, human honor, human dignity, is completely contrary to reason, morality and human values. Social media means terrorism for people and society.
“I AM SUSPENDING FROM ALL”
* For this reason, I personally suspend my social media accounts entirely until the clean use of social media and the legal regulation regarding the issue is made in the Turkish Grand National Assembly; I publicly declare my stance, thought, side, attitude, preference and reaction.
* I will neither use my Twitter account nor share Facebook until the end of the terrifying and violent pollution experienced on social media. In this regard, I will support all of my honorable and exceptional law proposals that will come to the agenda in the Turkish Grand National Assembly.