Rewrite this content
KOMPAS.com – Asia is the largest continent on earth. Its land area covers about 30 percent of the total land area in the world.
In Asia there are 49 countries. The continent also contains sovereign territories and special administrative areas.
Many Asian countries have great influence on the world economy such as China, India, Japan and South Korea.
Also read: List of Arab League Member States, 22 in total
China’s economy is the largest in Asia and the second largest in the world. India’s economy is the second largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.
However, there are also several countries in Asia that are still in the poor category.
Reporting from the World Population Review, a country’s financial calculation is calculated based on several factors such as per capita gross domestic product (GDP) to per capita gross national income (GNP).
The following are the 10 poorest countries in Asia as reported by the World Population Review based on GDP per capita and GNI per capita in 2020.
Also read: List of the 8 Strongest Countries in the World
GDP per capita
- Afghanistan (508.80 US dollars or IDR 7.62 million)
- North Korea (estimated 642 US dollars or IDR 9.62 million)
- wealth (824.12 US dollars or IDR 12.3 million)
- Tajikistan (859.13 US dollars or IDR 12.8 million)
- Syria (estimated 870 US dollars or IDR 13 million)
- Nepal (1,155.14 US dollars or IDR 17.3 million)
- Kyrgyzstan (1,173.61 US dollars or IDR 17.5 million)
- Pakistan (1,193.73 US dollars or IDR 17.8 million)
- Timor read (1,381.17 US dollars or IDR 20 million)
- Myanmar (1,400.21 US dollars or IDR 20.9 million)
Also read: List of Member States of the CSTO, the Fractal Alliance of the Soviet Union
GNI per capita
- Afghanistan (500 US dollars or IDR 7.49 million)
- wealth (approximately 940 dollars or US Rp. 14 million)
- Tajikistan (1,060 US dollars or IDR 15.8 million)
- Kyrgyzstan (1,160 US dollars or IDR 17.3 million)
- Nepal (1,190 US dollars or IDR 17.8 million)
- Myanmar (1,260 US dollars or IDR 16.8 million)
- Pakistan (1,280 US dollars or IDR 16.9 million)
- North Korea (estimated 1,286 US dollars or IDR 16.9 million)
- Cambodia (1,490 US dollars or IDR 22 million)
- Uzbekistan (1,670 US dollars or IDR 25 million)
That was the list of the 10 poorest countries in Asia.
Also read: This is the list of the most expensive cities in the world for 2022, are cities in Indonesia included?
Get updates featured news and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.
and add more content about List of the 10 Poorest Countries in Asia