– Absolutely not. The confinement has certainly been a blow to private schools, which risk no longer attracting students and their parents, and thus losing their customers. Since the entry into force of the state of emergency in the kingdom at the end of last March, private schools have required parents of students to pay the same fees paid in person. A decision refused by the latter who played the role of teacher and administration, ensuring their children electronic tools and educational monitoring. The supervisory ministry refused to carry out an educational and qualitative evaluation of distance education provided by private schools, on the pretext of lack of resources. School fees have therefore not been fixed. In this sense, we held a meeting with the Competition Council in order to define soon, once and for all, the costs of schooling, registration, insurance and transport, in framework law n ° 51.17 relating to the system of education, teaching, training and scientific research. A few days before the start of the 2020-2021 school year, the vision is not clear around the link between families and private schools. Normally, the Minister of Education must manage the entire education environment, including the financial side. He can publish a circular to define everything. He is responsible for the whole sector. Besides, it is easy to apply distance education in private schools. The question that arises is will parents pay the same usual fees? Questions that we are still waiting for answers.
– What is your assessment of the distance education experience? How effective will it be over the next school year?
– Distance education will not guarantee equal opportunities for pupils and students. It is the conviction of our Federation and the Ministry of National Education, which considers that this type of education accentuates the gap of inequalities of opportunity and social disparities. Mainly because many cities and rural areas do not have Internet access. This is also the case for several districts of large Moroccan cities. So distance education will not be able to achieve its goals. The proof is that the examinations were not carried out remotely. It is a good thing to invest in the future, in addition to face-to-face teaching. Recording lessons in a special studio, training teachers and producing interactive content are the ingredients for successful distance education.
– How, according to you, the supervising ministry could have proceeded to choose the best formula for a good start to school?
– First, all stakeholders and stakeholders had to be involved in this decision. In addition, the Scientific Council must show how to proceed, depending on the evolution of the epidemiological situation. In terms of proposals, according to experts in the field, the number of teaching weeks could be reduced exceptionally, from 34 to 17 for example. The ministry could have favored group teaching, which would allow distance measures to be respected. The solution is not to get tested every week.