In open beta since last September, Magic The Gathering: Arena will soon be the scene of a free event spanning several weeks. The key: exclusive cosmetic rewards.
With the "Planeswalkers War Chronicles" event, Wizards of the Coast will introduce players to five key moments in Magic's history. Each event will have a specific game format and will earn exclusive cosmetic enhancements to Planeswalkers cards (stained glass effect). The schedule is as follows:
May 23 to 31
- Event Name: Part I: Ravnica at war
- Format: Momir (this game format using the "Momir" avatar allows you to pay X and eliminate a card from your hand to create a random creature with converted mana cost of X, but only as a ritual and a single times per turn). Momir is also a special deck of 96 cards including every Planeswalker belonging to The Planeswalkers War.
May 31 to June 7
- Event Name: Part II: No loophole
- Format: Pauper (Pauper is a game format in which all used cards must have been printed to common rarity in an extension of Magic.Other than that, the usual rules for built decks apply)
From June 7th to June 14th
- Event Name: Part III: Storming the Citadel
- Format: Singleton (Singleton, also known as highlander, is a variant of format built in which each deck must be limited to a single copy of a given map, excluding base terrain).
From June 14 to June 21
- Event Name: Part IV: Beginning of the Settlement
- Format: Counters (include an emblem adding an extra + 1 / + 1 counter to those who already have one, an additional loyalty marker to Planeswalkers, and Collect 1).
From June 21st to June 28th
- Event Name: Part V: Gideon's Sacrifice
- Format: The obstruction of Ravnica (game performed with the Ravnica block cards).
Magic Arena can be downloaded for free on its own official site.
Magic Arena: the expansion of War of the Spark offers a trailer
By Clementoss, Copywriting jeuxvideo.com