archyworldys

Marilyn Manson investigation handed over to prosecutors

After 19 months of work, the investigation into allegations of sexual assault against Marilyn Manson was handed over to prosecutors this week, who will decide whether charges should be brought against the 53-year-old American singer.

Posted yesterday at 12:36 p.m.

Catherine Handfield

Catherine Handfield
The Press

In a statement released on Tuesday, however, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said the material provided by investigators was “partial.”

“When we receive everything, experienced prosecutors will carefully and deliberately review everything submitted before making a decision,” the prosecutor’s office said in a statement released to US media on Tuesday.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department did not specify the names of the alleged victims, who were allegedly assaulted between 2009 and 2011, but several women who met Marilyn Manson have denounced his behavior over the past two years.

In February 2021, his ex-spouse, actress Evan Rachel Wood claimed on Instagram that she had been “horribly assaulted for years” by the singer, who sued her for defamation. Actress Esmé Bianco, known for her role as Ros in Game of Thrones, is suing Marilyn Manson in civil for sexual assault. This is also the case for three other women.

Dark and controversial character, Marlyn Manson, real name Brian Hugh Warner, rose to fame in the mid-1990s with the albums Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar et Mechanical Animals.

With Associated Press and Pitchfork