The private, state-recognized university of Bavarian Economics offers you interdisciplinary master’s courses in the exciting and highly topical field of digitization.
The Masters are practice-oriented and business-related, so they offer you a combination of economically and technically sound knowledge. The English-language master’s programs are particularly internationally oriented.
If you want to understand, help shape and optimize the corporate world of the future, then apply for a master’s degree at HDBW.
At a glance
- Each winter and summer semester
- Full-time 3 semesters
- €650 per month
- No numerus clausus
Why do the master at the private HDBW?
Together with international experts from the university sector and from business practice, we are constantly developing new concepts for the contemporary and future-oriented orientation of our departments.
Due to our interdisciplinary links, we provide you with a broad base of in-depth knowledge for demanding corporate areas. In the master’s program you will acquire application-oriented knowledge and valuable skills – in small groups and in close cooperation with our professors, lecturers from business and international companies.
And we offer you the opportunity to work closely with potential employers even during your master’s degree.
Voices on the HDBW master’s degree
Digitalisation meets Entrepreneurship at HDBW
Video is hosted externally and only sends data when the image is clicked.
What is this video about?
HDBW Vice President Carten Bartsch talks about the international master’s degree programme in Business Administration, named Digital Business Modelling and Entrepreneurship.
Developed by national and international experts from research and industry, it focuses on how digitalization changes business models. During your master studies at HDBW, University of Applied Sciences in Munich, you will look at technological aspects from the customers’, management’s and process perspective.
All information about the master’s degree
Depending on the master’s degree, completed bachelor’s degree
- business administration or
- Industrial Engineering or
- (Business) computer science or
- Mechanical engineering / mechatronics or
- Electrical engineering / information technology or
- communication technology or
- further degrees on request
- Ideally 210 ECTS, but at least 180 ECTS
- In the case of the Bachelor with 180 ECTS, individual agreements are made before the start of the course in order to provide the missing ECTS
- B2 language level in German and English for the Master Digital Technologies
- B2 language level in English – for the English-speaking Masters:
Digital Business Modelling and Entrepreneurship,
Digital Factory and Operational Excellence and
Die monthly tuition fees for the master’s degree be:
- 650 € Full-time master’s degree
- 390 € Part-time Masters degree
Your advantages at the HDBW
- No additional registration fee
- All courses and examination fees are already included
All masters – full-time or part-time
University of Bavarian Economics (HDBW)
Konrad Zuse Square 8
Digital Factory and Operational Excellence & Cyber Security – part time
University of Bavarian Economics (HDBW)
Start of studies
Each summer and winter semester
- March 14 for the summer semester
- September 30 for the winter semester
Duration winter semester
- October 1 – March 14
- Lecture period from the beginning of October to the end of January
- Examination period usually until mid-February
Duration summer semester
- March 15 – September 30
- Lecture period from mid-March to early July
- Examination period usually until the end of July
Duration of Master’s degree – depending on the study time model
- Full-time: 3 semesters
- Part-time: 5 semesters
Master’s degrees at the HDBW
- Master of Arts (M.A.) – Digital Business Modelling and Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Digital Factory and Operational Excellence
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Cyber Security
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) – Digital Technologies
90 ECTS points are acquired in the HDBW university degree for a master’s degree.
This results in a total of 300 ECTS points in the HDBW Bachelor’s & Master’s degree.
Impressions of the HDBW campus in Munich and the study center in Bamberg
Learning atmosphere HDBW Master students seminar room
HDBW Campus Munich Hallway door with logo
Lehratmosphäre HDBW Lecture in the lecture hall
HDBW Campus Munich lecture hall
Student Life HDBW Courtyard at the summer festival
Learning atmosphere HDBW Students in the seminar room
HDBW Campus Munich Student lounge
Campus HDBW Bamberg Exterior building
Student life HDBW Bamberg Get-together during the lecture break
Teaching atmosphere HDBW Bamberg Lecturer in lecture
Learning atmosphere HDBW Bamberg Team work of the students
Study Guide for Master’s Studies for Download
Digital transformation is already shaping the economy in a wide variety of forms.
Whether Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, e-commerce or new, digital business models: digitization offers excellently trained specialists numerous opportunities to help shape the future.
You can find information about our private, state-recognized university of applied sciences as well as tips about the HDBW master’s degree in this magazine.
Study guide HDBW Master’s program for download and printing | PDF | 1.4MB
Get personal advice!
Master’s degree in Munich