- The minister of health assured that the ministry has a prepared path to increase finances for the health service to 7 percent. GDP
- Niedzielski once again stated that “until the parties find a solution”, the prime minister will not participate in the talks
- – We believe that the minister is not taking us seriously. We still expect to meet the prime minister and keep his gentleman’s agreement. We have been waiting for this meeting for a year – the President of the National Trade Union of Nurses and Midwives Krystyna Ptok replied
- More similar information can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
– In my opinion, the lack of a meeting with the protest committee is a certain timidity of talking to arguments. As problems in the health care system are growing, I cannot wait for a reaction, so we decided to talk about these problems in the tripartite forum next Thursday – he added.
Medics’ protest. The protesters did not come to the meeting with the minister of health
The Minister of Health renewed the invitation to talks about “the most important things that were in the demands of the protesters”. He assured that the ministry has a prepared path to increase finances for the health service to 7 percent. GDP. Niedzielski once again stated that “until the parties find a solution”, the prime minister will not participate in the talks.
– In my opinion, imposing such conditions on the part of the protesters is disrespectful […] There will be no separate invitation to a meeting for protesters outside the Prime Minister’s office. Instead, we invite you to an interview with a tripartite committee, said the minister.
“It’s not the best idea to figure out who to talk to.” We want to listen to everyone, assured Deputy Minister Piotr Bromber.
The representatives of the ministry very quickly got a response from the protesters.
– We’re not going to a meeting on Thursday. We believe that the minister is not taking us seriously. We still expect to meet the prime minister and keep his gentleman’s agreement. We have been waiting for this meeting for a year – said Krystyna Ptok, President of the Polish National Trade Union of Nurses and Midwives on TVN24.
Protest committee: we are still awaiting the meeting with the prime minister
We are still waiting for the meeting with Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, said the press spokesman of the Protesting and Strike Committee of Healthcare Workers Grzegorz Sikora on Tuesday.
– As of today, the position of the protest and strike committee of health care workers is as follows: we still expect a meeting with Prime Minister Morawiecki – said Sikora at a press conference in the “white town”.
– If Prime Minister Morawiecki thinks that it is necessary to make the proposals concerning the increases real, then we respond the same. (…) We look forward to meeting the prime minister. If the minister believes that the proposals come from space or Mars, we ask which planet the ministry’s demands are from – he added.
The National Protest and Strike Committee of Healthcare Workers has eight demands. They include, among others immediate amendment to the act on the method of determining the minimum wage; real increase in the valuation of benefits, lump sums and the so-called ambulances, as well as the employment of additional administrative and support staff and the introduction of employment standards related to the number of patients. The Committee also calls for, inter alia, providing medical professions with the status of a public official and creating a system of protecting employees against verbal and physical aggression of patients; the introduction of sick leave after 15 years of professional work, as well as the enactment of laws on laboratory medicine and the profession of a paramedic.