SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Some quick notes ahead of the season opener from Michigan against Notre Dame (19.30, NBC):
– The offensive line is exactly as we thought. Jon Runyan Jr. picked up reruns at the left tackle before the game, while senior juwann strung up Bushell-Beatty's right tackle. The rest remains, which has long been considered: Ben Bredeson at the left guard, Cesar Ruiz in the middle and Michael Onwenu at the right guard.
– Redshirt freshman wide receiver Oliver Martin now wears jersey No. 80. He had to switch to quarterback. Shea Patterson took the number 2. Defensive end Carlo Kemp will continue to carry No. 2.
– James Ross has warmed up with a weak linebacker with the starters, indicating that he jumped Devin Gil to the open position.
– Wide Receiver Nate Schoenle and Defensive Casey Hughes, the graduate transfer from Utah, were not spotted on the field during foreplay.
– Will Hart has warm up at Punter. Brad Robbins, who was not an active participant in Michigan's public training this past weekend, seems to be out there.
– Michigan has attracted five quarterbacks and with the team, including walk-on Michael Sessa.
– The wolverines are in white uniforms tonight. Notre Dame wears his traditional navy blue tops and golden pants.
– A good deal of the crowd wears green after Notre Dame has announced a "green light" for the game.