The Yandex.Market service examined the demand from Russians for smartphones, which was influenced by the introduction of a self-isolation mode.
To do this, experts compared the top ten most popular smartphones in February with a fresh April rating, when most Russians were quarantined at home. And that’s what turned out.
– in April, buyers were more often interested in cheap smartphone models than in February – for example, Samsung Galaxy S10e worth 45 thousand rubles and Galaxy A50 worth 17 thousand rubles dropped out of the rating, which were replaced by Galaxy A71 and Galaxy A10, which cost 30 and 9, respectively thousand rubles;
– the Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone worth 20 thousand rubles, which was in seventh place in February, moved to the first position (this may be due to the fact that the model is fresh, presented in early 2020);
– iPhone 11 is still in the top, but now the most popular modification is 64 GB, while in February, Russians were interested in the 128 GB version;
– Xiaomi became the leader among manufacturers at Yandex.Market; the top ten most popular are four manufacturer smartphones: two models Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 8T and Redmi 8;
– Samsung took the second place, Apple came in third;
– The lowest demand for smartphones was observed on April 1, when a non-working week began in Russia, but then demand began to grow and reached a peak on April 28.
Here’s what the top ten most popular smartphones in April look like compared to February.