Ezequiel Barco came off the bench and scored the first regular season win of the season with his first MLS brace Atlanta United. He defeated the New England Revolution on Saturday night at Gillette Stadium 2-0.
Barco came on as a substitute for Eric Remedi in the 15th minute after the Argentinian headbutted with Luis Caicedo.
The guests jumped in front just before the half hour when Hector Villalba defeated Andrew Farrell until the end and Barco put a ball behind.
Barco had beaten 20 minutes later, following a Villalba service, before attempting a sensational 18-yard curling attempt to double the Five Stripes' lead.
If it had not remained for the last defender to defend Farrell, the result would have been more crooked.
- 29 '- ATL – Ezequiel Barco | SEE
- 49 '- ATL – Ezequiel Barco | SEE
- THE BIG IMAGE: It took much longer than many expected, but the MLS Cup defending champion won his first regular-season victory in 2019 after two defeats and two draws in their first four games. After taking a step forward with a 2-1 win against Minnesota United, the Revs took two steps back, losing both without conceding.
- MOMENT OF THE GAME: Barco sealed the game with this stunning Golazo.
Bend it like Barco. pic.twitter.com/MMlY9A8K9W
– Major League Soccer (@MLS) April 14, 2019
- MAN OF THE GAMEWhile Frank de Boer has received a lot of criticism in his first games, which were responsible for Atlanta, Barco seems to have benefited from the change of coach, or he may just feel well in the second round of three games – one less than he did in 2018 scored 26 appearances under Tata Martino.
- NE: Saturday, April 20 against New York Red Bulls (19:30 ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US, on DAZN in Canada)
- ATL: Saturday, April 20 against FC Dallas (16:00 ET | ESPN, MLS LIVE at DAZN in Canada)