Attend the Night of the Stars at Strasbourg Planetarium
At the heart of the astronomical observatory, the Strasbourg Planetarium offers to discover the celestial vault and its wonders during a rich and varied program.
On the program of the Star Night
Planetarium sessions, observations with telescopes by amateur astronomers, tales about the stars, nocturnal naturalist outings, introductions to the starry sky, conferences, astronomy workshops, not forgetting the observation of shooting stars.
– At 8:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.: Show-performance “The Sidereal Investigation of Spott Maginus” by Frederique et Pierre Rich.
– At 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m., 10 p.m., 10:30 p.m., 11 p.m., 11:30 p.m., midnight, 12:30 a.m.: Starry sky presentation sessions in the planetarium room.
Discovery of the summer sky with the stars, constellations, the Moon and the planets of the moment. Not to mention the shooting stars that will cross the sky.
– Presentation of the Astronomical Society of France
– Photographs of the sky. The young astrophotographer Lucas Adler presents his photographs of the skies of Vosges and those taken from the Atacama Desert in Chile.
– Conferences. Scientists present their research
– European Astronaut Exhibition. Who are the European astronauts? What are they doing in the International Space Station? How do they live there? What dangers await them?
– Astronomical observations
Observations in the Gardens – Observation with the Large Telescope
The Moon, Saturn and Jupiter will be observable from 10 p.m. and then disappear below the horizon to give way to stars and nebulae.
Wear your eye through a telescope or refractor to admire these summer celestial objects.
– Sky map workshop. This workshop will allow you to build your sky map and identify the constellations visible over the seasons.
– Cocoplanet workshop. A paper casserole, pencils, planets. Come and discover the solar system while having fun.
From 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
All activities will be free and without reservation, subject to availability.
Access to planetarium sessions and to the large dome is by free tickets distributed from 8 p.m.