The city of Biberach an der Riss ranks 278th in the location ranking of the portal “Die Deutsche Wirtschaft” (DDW).
REGION The Handtmann group of companies with 3927 employees is the largest employer in the area.
Biberach an der Riss also has two of the 10,000 most important medium-sized companies in Germany in its area. Three of the 1486 German world market leaders have also settled in the city.
This includes, for example, KaVo Dental GmbH. The company is the world market leader for dental medical devices and dental products such as dental instruments, dental practice equipment and digital X-ray machines.
Foreign investors are also drawn to Biberach an der Riss. There are four companies on the list of foreign-owned companies at the location. This puts Biberach an der Riss in 287th place nationwide. One of these companies is Liebherr-Werk Biberach GmbH, which has a Swiss owner, the “Liebherr Family” (Switzerland).
Biberach an der Riss also has some of the companies identified by DDW in trend and future markets at the location. Among them is Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG. The company is listed for the retro / handicraft / regional trend sector.
The largest companies in Biberach an der Riss are:
1. Handtmann group of companies: 822 million euros turnover / 3927 employees
The Handtmann group of companies has been managed by the Handtmann family for four generations and is active in five business areas worldwide.
2. KaVo Dental GmbH: 293 million euros turnover / 1600 employees
Kavo produces items for dentists such as instruments, handpieces and contra-angles, dental equipment and dental systems. Administration and research and development are located in Biberach.
3. Liebherr-Werk Biberach GmbH: 440 million euros turnover / 1540 employees
Liebherr-Werk Biberach is a manufacturer of tower cranes.
4. Vollmer Werke Maschinenfabrik GmbH: 111.4 million euros turnover / 750 employees
The Vollmer group of companies is the specialist for tool processing in production and service.
5. EQOS Energie Deutschland GmbH: 168 million euros turnover / 1400 employees
EQOS Energie stands for the electrification of networks. For example, as part of the expansion of Deutsche Bahn, rail networks for local and long-distance traffic are being electrified.
6. Liebherr-International Deutschland GmbH: 33.1 million euros turnover
For more than 65 years, Liebherr has stood for a sophisticated, benefit-oriented range of products and services in many areas of technology. The group of companies comprises eleven product divisions and is divided into manageable, independently operating business units.
7. Gustav Gerster GmbH & Co. KG: 52 million euros turnover / 200 employees
Gerster is an interior design company specializing in window design.
8. alb-elektric Huber Freileitungs- und Kabelbau GmbH: 27.4 million euros turnover / 150 employees
alb-elektric Huber GmbH is active in the areas of cable, overhead line, pipe and civil engineering, as well as in surveying technology and switchgear construction.
9. PSE-Personal Service Euro GmbH: 21 million turnover / 300 employees
PSE Personal Service is a company focused on personnel services with a regional focus. It is in Baden-Württemberg, particularly in the Swabian part, where the company is based in Biberach an der Riss.
10. Autohaus Helmut Moll: 35 million euros turnover / 70 employees
Autohaus Moll offers an all-round service for new, used and commercial vehicles.
Source: The German economy