Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte reportedly threatened Tuesday with a "declaration of war" against Canada on Tuesday, when the country is unable to remove tons of garbage that had previously been shipped to Manila.
Duterte said in press releases and reports from the Canadian press that he "might give a warning to Canada next week that they'll pull it out better, or I'll set sail."
JUSTIN TRUDEAU HIT WITH SECRET RECORDING OF TOOLS THAT EXPRESS TO THE END OF CORRUPTION CASES AGAINST CANADIAN COMPANIES
"I'll declare war on them, I'll tell Canada that your trash is on its way, prepare a big reception, eat it if you want," he said. "Your garbage is coming home."
The garbage is allegedly made from electronic and household waste.
CLICK HERE TO FOX NEWS APP
Between 2013 and 2014, Canada delivered tons of garbage in 103 containers to the Philippines and in recent years has pushed Southeast Asian land for disposal.
When visiting Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in 2015, Canadian Prime Minister said that a "Canadian solution" was being developed and said the situation would not recur, according to the news agency.