BI Norwegian Business School, Department of Leadership and Organizational Behaviour, invites applications for a position as Professor/Associate Professor in organizational science with a research orientation in the fields of organizational change, organizational development or leadership of change processes, especially related to organizational reorientation for increased sustainability. We are especially looking for candidates with this organizational profile and a keen interest in research and/or teaching in relation to the current organizational challenges regarding the global climate crisis, integration of sustainability consideration in the core activities, digitalization and others.
Organizationally, the position will be affiliated with the Oslo Campus, the faculty group for organizational development and organizational change at the Department of Leadership and Organizational Behaviour. We want to attract people who wish to contribute to developing the academic environment both in the faculty group and the Department as a whole. The position leaves a great deal of room for both academic and personal development. We are a leading academic environment within organization and leadership in Norway, with faculty who work within a broad spectre of subjects. The faculty group contributes to educational programmes within all the research areas mentioned, as regards education in leadership at bachelor’s and master’s degree level (Master of Science, Executive Master of Management, EMBA). Teaching, supervision of students and grading are also included in the responsibilities of the position.
Importance, therefore, will be attached to experience related to dissemination of research and/or pedagogical activities.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree within the discipline of organization and leadership, with a concern for the leadership of organizational change connected to sustainable business models and reorientation. Relevant research themes could be how to make such changes happen in organizations through motivational approaches, organizational culture, attitudes, new leadership approaches, leadership of change processed, reorientation of the business, learning from the future and more.
If there are no relevant applicants within these areas, candidates with a general research orientation in leadership and organizational subjects may be considered. Applicants must have demonstrated that they are able to conduct high-quality research and that they have published at a high international level within one or more of these subjects.
- A Norwegian doctoral degree in the relevant discipline or research area, or a corresponding foreign doctoral degree approved as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree.
- Documented ability to publish high-quality research in leading journals beyond PhD. Evidence of this capability must come from publications in high quality journals, in line with the respective Departments assistant professor criteria for taking up a tenured position
- The position as Professor requires scientific level and breadth by reference to international or national standards in the relevant discipline. In addition to the requirements concerning basic qualifications for teaching and supervision for positions as Associate Professor, the following must be documented:
– Quality development of own teaching and supervision over time
– Broad experience of supervision, preferably at master/PhD level
– Participation in the development of educational quality in peer groups.
- Basic qualifications for teaching and supervision at university and university college level. Applicants to the Associate Professor position who do not meet the requirements at the time of the appointment shall be instructed to satisfy them within two years of the appointment.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to the research and teaching environment of the Department to a considerable degree, as well as to BI’s overall research strategy. Candidates, therefore, must have a good command of English, both written and oral.
FOR ASSESSMENT, EMPHASIS IS PLACED ON:
- Good pedagogical skills and/or pedagogical qualifications
- Knowledge of Scandinavian languages will be considered an advantage. Applicants with insufficient knowledge of Norwegian/Scandinavian languages must have acquired Norwegian language proficiency corresponding to level B2 within three years of taking up the position. We are particularly interested in recruiting more women to our environment.
Assessment of competence is made in accordance with normal rules relating to academic and pedagogical positions at universities. Relevant applicants will be invited to an interview, as well as a trial lecture or seminar presentation. BI Norwegian Business School reserves the right to not appoint applicants who are scientifically qualified if it is found that other, more closely specified requirements in the position announcement concerning pedagogical skills, teaching experience, experience from work in or in cooperation with business and industry and personal cooperation skills are not met.
Further details about the position may be obtained from BI Norwegian Business School, Head of Department Øyvind Martinsen, tel.: 464 10 737.
The application, CV and a complete list of academic works must be submitted electronically. The highest degree and other particularly relevant education must be documented.
Academic works, copies of up to fifteen publications, as well as any information about and/or documentation of other activities that may be significant for the assessment of an applicant’s qualifications should be uploaded to the application. Works or other documentation may not be submitted after the application deadline.