War Elizabeth II who passed away on September 8 and left many memories. Including one of the memories food favorite.
This one meal is often on the menu breakfast The Queen. The late is known to really like counts scrambled or better known as scrambled egg.
Of course, recipe scrambled egg queen style is different from the others. There are several ingredients that must be added to the dough scrambled egg belongs to the queen every breakfast. The two ingredients are nutmeg and lemon zest.
Launch Daily Maila holistic chef and founder of Supercharged Food, Lee Holmes shares the queen’s favorite egg recipe that he claims was sent directly by a friend who works as a royal chef.
“A few years ago one of my friends was cooking for Queen Elizabeth and she shared with me the recipe scrambled egg his favourites,” Holmes wrote on his website.
Scrambled egg This special involves two unusual ingredients, namely nutmeg and lemon zest.
Eggs should also be cooked perfectly. It should be brown, not white and always cooked super soft and not lumpy.
These eggs are sometimes served with a cup of tea earl grey delicious and a little milk.
“Since I was given this recipe a few years ago, I have been making these eggs regularly and they are spectacular! I always make them when friends come to stay,” said Holmes.
Holmes also mentioned that Queen Elizabeth is a person who prefers home-cooked food with local ingredients produced in her area.
Here is the recipe scrambled egg the special that Queen Elizabeth loved during her lifetime.
Made for two servings.
– 3 organic brown eggs
– 1 tbsp milk
– sea salt, to taste
– 1 tbsp butter or extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
– a pinch of fine nutmeg
– freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
– sliced spring onions to serve (optional)
How to make:
1. Beat eggs and milk in a bowl until well combined. Add salt to taste.
2. Heat the butter or olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and reduce the heat, moving them around the pan slowly with a spatula so they don’t stick to the bottom.
3. Just before the eggs start to harden, add the lemon zest, nutmeg, and extra salt if desired and mix.
4. Serve immediately, garnished with pepper and spring onions.